How & when did you become a college football fan? Who introduced you to cfb?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

How & when did you become a college football fan? Who introduced you to cfb?

How and when did you become a college football fan? Who introduced you to college football? Your dad? An uncle? Who? Or did you just pick it up on your own? And was it a game in person? Watching it on tv?

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

Re: How & when did you become a college football fan? Who introduced you to cfb?

Used to watch the games with my Dad. Started at an early age watching on TV.

BamaNation Second Team

Re: How & when did you become a college football fan? Who introduced you to cfb?

Cousins had me watch the snow covered Sugar Bowl vs Arkansas.

BamaNation All-American

1958. My Dad.

BamaNation Scout Team

Mid fifties my father always took me to the Shriners' Thanksgiving day game between the Georgia Tech and Georgia Freshman , always large crowd of 30000--"STRONG LEGS RUN SO THAT WEAK LEGS WALK" was the motto.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

My dad and uncle took me to the Alabama vs Tulane game in Ladd Stadium in Mobile on a blistering hot, sweltering September aternoon. Tulane won IIRC 33-0. Mid 1950's. Alabama wore crimson jerseys, white helmets and their pants were a light khaki color.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

One day long ago a zygote formed in my mother's womb and I became a college football fan on that day.

I can't ever remember not being one, so that's my story.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation All-SEC rolltide7854's Avatar

Orange Bowl against Texas when I was 10. Nameth scored and no I haven't forgot it.

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

My dad would take me to games at Legion Field. We'd go to maybe two games every season. My best memory was seeing Joe Namath against UT before he became famous! If I remember correctly, this was in the early sixties. I was a teenager.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I never had a choice. My Mother is a rabid Alabama fan. By the time I was 3 or 4 I was indoctrinated. She did a good job. I am just as big a fan as she is.

BamaNation All-SEC

Started in the Early 60's listening to Bama games on Armed Forces Radio Network with my dad .

BamaNation Scout Team

Jesse Williams made me a college football and Alabama fan. I played Football after the Rugby Season Had Finished in Australia (Played Running Back) for a bit and was never a fan of NFL so i was looking for a team to follow and looked at Australians playing in college and there was Jesse or the Punter wing who played at LSU so it was a no brainer so ive been a college football and Alabama fan ever since

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Alabama vs UCLA - 1976 Liberty Bowl. First game I truly remember as a kid (would have been 7 years old). Tony Nathan and Johnny Davis became my heroes.

It was always my Dad. The only game he ever missed (watching or listening) was when I was born in 1968. I was born on the 26th. Bama played in the Gator Bowl on the 28th.....and he missed it because I was in the ICU.....fighting to make it through to the next day.

My Mom said he never left the window....watched me the entire night long.

Miss you Dad.....you've been gone too long!

Thanks for everything you ever did -- and thank you for introducing me to your "extended" Bama Family!
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung