Recent storms zapped my plasma TV , any recommendations for a cheap flat panel?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
About a week ago, a near lightening strike zapped my 10 year old 55” LG plasma. It was a great TV with an outstanding picture! Now, I’m looking for another to replace it. It’s for the Bedroom, and doesn’t get used a lot, so it doesn’t have to be a great TV. Looking more at cost than performance, but don’t want the cheapest. I have read some reviews and comparisons on ratings.com, just looking for personal experiences with lower cost TVs . Good or bad.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
TVs are insanely affordable and continue to drop in price. Amazon has a 50 inch TCL 4K Smart LED TV for $299. It has 4.5 stars on almost 300 reviews. Samsung and LG probably make the highest quality TVs but they're a lot more expensive. I don't find Samsung or LG to be 4-5x better than TCL or Vizio as the price would indicate. I have a 70" and a 60" Vizio. I've had both for years and never had a problem with either..

https://www.amazon.com/TCL-50S425-i...ze_browse-bin:3578042011&s=electronics&sr=1-1

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
About a week ago, a near lightening strike zapped my 10 year old 55” LG plasma. It was a great TV with an outstanding picture! Now, I’m looking for another to replace it. It’s for the Bedroom, and doesn’t get used a lot, so it doesn’t have to be a great TV. Looking more at cost than performance, but don’t want the cheapest. I have read some reviews and comparisons on ratings.com, just looking for personal experiences with lower cost TVs . Good or bad.
Sorry about the plasma. What price range?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Sorry about the plasma. What price range?
$300-450 . Like CF said, flat panel TVs are insanely cheap. I have 40” LED’s in the other bedrooms I managed to pick up on Black Friday sales the last couple of years, I don’t think I have $450 in the three of them. they aren’t the best, but they do the trick. I moved one into the master bedroom, but it’s to small.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Costco had the UHD entry-level LG on sale for $449 last week, but I think it ran out. I think it was supposed to retail for $1200. They have insane prices on electronics from time to time...

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Back in the late 60's my dad got the mumps so he had mother go out and buy our first color TV. I was a console with an almost round picture and cost over $700. It'd be nice if cars and houses had gotten better and cost less over time.

My TV went out on Friday night before the UT game year before last. I went to Walmart and got a 55" Vizio that is all I need for right at $400.

My hygienist wanted a TV for her hygiene room last year so she bought a 55" on Black Friday for $100. I cost almost as much for the wall mount as the TV. I don't remember the brand but again it's good enough for me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.