Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. LSU... - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 59
  1. #14
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
    Posts
    7,779

    Re: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. LSU...

    The bottom line for this game was poor shooting. Shot 37.5% field goals which of course includes made dunks and some desperation 3's that Petty made at the end. Two many open shots missed. Shot 13-23 free throws (56.5%).

    A couple of more field goals and a couple more free throws earlier and Bama could have dictated the last minutes of the game.

  2. #15
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    11,572

    Re: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. LSU...

    Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    The bottom line for this game was poor shooting. Shot 37.5% field goals which of course includes made dunks and some desperation 3's that Petty made at the end. Two many open shots missed. Shot 13-23 free throws (56.5%).

    A couple of more field goals and a couple more free throws earlier and Bama could have dictated the last minutes of the game.
    I agree.

    We "ALMOST" beat a real good team. But take away Petty's hot hand and this is a 15-20 loss.

    But bottom line, gotta find a way to put the ball in the hoop.

    And, for the record, we might of taken a few quick shots, but I'd rather see us take the open looks than dribble the clock shot to death and turn it over or take a contested shot.

  3. #16
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
    Posts
    7,779

    Re: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. LSU...

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    I agree.

    We "ALMOST" beat a real good team. But take away Petty's hot hand and this is a 15-20 loss.

    But bottom line, gotta find a way to put the ball in the hoop.

    And, for the record, we might of taken a few quick shots, but I'd rather see us take the open looks than dribble the clock shot to death and turn it over or take a contested shot.
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Don't want to handcuff the players. The last few minutes should have been played smarter but shouldn't have come down to that. I know the 3-point shot carries a lot of value but there are some teams that have mastered the mid-range jumper (UT for one) and take advantage of open shots when they are available.

  4. #17
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    62,686
    Thread Starter

    Re: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. LSU...

    Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Don't want to handcuff the players. The last few minutes should have been played smarter but shouldn't have come down to that. I know the 3-point shot carries a lot of value but there are some teams that have mastered the mid-range jumper (UT for one) and take advantage of open shots when they are available.
    I agree in principle, but I don't regard those last threes as quality open threes...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

  5. #18
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
    Posts
    7,779

    Re: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. LSU...

    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I agree in principle, but I don't regard those last threes as quality open threes...
    Yeah, Mack's was a decent look but rushing one at that point in the game wasn't a good idea. The one by Lewis was even worse. Now, if they had gone in...

  6. #19
    Super Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    38,874

    Re: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. LSU...

    https://twitter.com/charlie_potter/s...722863617?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  7. #20
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
    Posts
    7,779

    Re: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. LSU...

    I hate it for Norris that he had the turnover during the last minute to help seal Bama's fate. He will likely feel like he is to blame for the loss while he is actually the one to blame for Bama being in the game at all.

  8. #21
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    8,625

    Re: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. LSU...

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Well that opens two more spots. Edit: just saw this.

    https://247sports.com/college/alabam...ony-129644539/

    As someone said, Lewis shot the ball way too quick on a bunch of empty possessions which in the end cost us the game (I just noticed he was 3 of 16 from the floor). Our two seniors and JP played good games and everybody else did not. We have to beat the Barn and most likely Ark to get in.
    Last edited by TiderJack; March 2nd, 2019 at 03:03 PM.

  9. #22
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,899

    Re: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. LSU...

    I like the 5 out there of Hall, Norris, Petty, Jones and Lewis. That's our best group.

  10. #23
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    11,572

    Re: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. LSU...

    Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    I like the 5 out there of Hall, Norris, Petty, Jones and Lewis. That's our best group.
    If I'm picking the starters I'd agree on those five.

    That said, I don't think we have 5 players that are just that much better game to game than some of the guys off the bench (depending on who starts). I'd say the two guys we need on the floor the most are Lewis (who had his first really bad game today) and Hall. Lately, Riley Norris has been very dependable and inspirational (despite his bad pass at the end of the game).

    Otherwise, I think Avery is just trying to get a good mix on the floor. If Petty is hot, like today, he needs lots of minutes/looks. Today Mack at a rough day, but normally shoots it better. Normally Jones is cold as ice, but today hit a few.

    FWIW, I think we are a better team without Jr. out there and I don't recall seeing him on the floor today.

  11. #24
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,814

    Re: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. LSU...

    According to the ESPN box score, he logged one minute with zeros across the line.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #25
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
    Posts
    7,779

    Re: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. LSU...

    Johnson Jr. played in the last minute of the first half from what I remember.

  13. #26
    BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Allen, Texas
    Posts
    7,805

    Re: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. LSU...

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    FWIW, I think we are a better team without Jr. out there and I don't recall seeing him on the floor today.
    CAJ put him the last minute of the first half, so Lewis would not pick up a foul in garbage time. Then, he ended up putting in Lewis, for the last shot, anyway. (Jr stayed in.)
    "I hate morning people.
    And mornings.

    And people!"

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear

2019 NFL Draft Gear