Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. LSU... - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. LSU...

The bottom line for this game was poor shooting. Shot 37.5% field goals which of course includes made dunks and some desperation 3's that Petty made at the end. Two many open shots missed. Shot 13-23 free throws (56.5%).

A couple of more field goals and a couple more free throws earlier and Bama could have dictated the last minutes of the game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    The bottom line for this game was poor shooting. Shot 37.5% field goals which of course includes made dunks and some desperation 3's that Petty made at the end. Two many open shots missed. Shot 13-23 free throws (56.5%).

A couple of more field goals and a couple more free throws earlier and Bama could have dictated the last minutes of the game.
    I agree.

We "ALMOST" beat a real good team. But take away Petty's hot hand and this is a 15-20 loss.

But bottom line, gotta find a way to put the ball in the hoop.

And, for the record, we might of taken a few quick shots, but I'd rather see us take the open looks than dribble the clock shot to death and turn it over or take a contested shot.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    I agree.

We "ALMOST" beat a real good team. But take away Petty's hot hand and this is a 15-20 loss.

But bottom line, gotta find a way to put the ball in the hoop.

And, for the record, we might of taken a few quick shots, but I'd rather see us take the open looks than dribble the clock shot to death and turn it over or take a contested shot.
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Don't want to handcuff the players. The last few minutes should have been played smarter but shouldn't have come down to that. I know the 3-point shot carries a lot of value but there are some teams that have mastered the mid-range jumper (UT for one) and take advantage of open shots when they are available.

Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Don't want to handcuff the players. The last few minutes should have been played smarter but shouldn't have come down to that. I know the 3-point shot carries a lot of value but there are some teams that have mastered the mid-range jumper (UT for one) and take advantage of open shots when they are available.
    I agree in principle, but I don't regard those last threes as quality open threes...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I agree in principle, but I don't regard those last threes as quality open threes...
    Yeah, Mack's was a decent look but rushing one at that point in the game wasn't a good idea. The one by Lewis was even worse. Now, if they had gone in...

https://twitter.com/charlie_potter/s...722863617?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I hate it for Norris that he had the turnover during the last minute to help seal Bama's fate. He will likely feel like he is to blame for the loss while he is actually the one to blame for Bama being in the game at all.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Well that opens two more spots. Edit: just saw this.

https://247sports.com/college/alabam...ony-129644539/

As someone said, Lewis shot the ball way too quick on a bunch of empty possessions which in the end cost us the game (I just noticed he was 3 of 16 from the floor). Our two seniors and JP played good games and everybody else did not. We have to beat the Barn and most likely Ark to get in.
    Last edited by TiderJack; March 2nd, 2019 at 03:03 PM.

BamaNation All-American

I like the 5 out there of Hall, Norris, Petty, Jones and Lewis. That's our best group.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    I like the 5 out there of Hall, Norris, Petty, Jones and Lewis. That's our best group.
    If I'm picking the starters I'd agree on those five.

That said, I don't think we have 5 players that are just that much better game to game than some of the guys off the bench (depending on who starts). I'd say the two guys we need on the floor the most are Lewis (who had his first really bad game today) and Hall. Lately, Riley Norris has been very dependable and inspirational (despite his bad pass at the end of the game).

Otherwise, I think Avery is just trying to get a good mix on the floor. If Petty is hot, like today, he needs lots of minutes/looks. Today Mack at a rough day, but normally shoots it better. Normally Jones is cold as ice, but today hit a few.

FWIW, I think we are a better team without Jr. out there and I don't recall seeing him on the floor today.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

According to the ESPN box score, he logged one minute with zeros across the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Johnson Jr. played in the last minute of the first half from what I remember.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    FWIW, I think we are a better team without Jr. out there and I don't recall seeing him on the floor today.
    CAJ put him the last minute of the first half, so Lewis would not pick up a foul in garbage time. Then, he ended up putting in Lewis, for the last shot, anyway. (Jr stayed in.)
    "I hate morning people.
    And mornings.

And people!"