Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. LSU...

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Without that Garbage goaltend, that was a one possession game at the end... How many games the zebras going to give the thugs from the Bayou this season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
For the first time, Lewis was a liability down the stretch. Good PGs have the awareness of what's been working and continue to exploit it. Hall, Petty and Norris were the money guys today and Lewis rushed shots. up there. I think Mack did one to but that is not unusual. I believe Lewis is coachable, so I don't expect those things to have over and over. Ingram and Mack should come off the bench because you never know about those too. We just can't afford to get off to these slow start because of turnovers or missed layup. LSU scored the first 7 in the 1st half and the first 6 in 2nd half. That was a real key other than down the stretch. Herb Jones may have started to take a step forward, if today's play isn't a one-time thing.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Without that Garbage goaltend, that was a one possession game at the end... How many games the zebras going to give the thugs from the Bayou this season?

I’m actually going to check myself so I don’t sound like “one of those fans.” That loss wasn’t on the refs. Granted, they wouldn’t call a travel for anything, they don’t know what a goaltend is, the F1 was an F2 in any other game, and I swear Wade would have gotten T’d up multiple times with many other crews I’ve watched.

Still, chalk that one up to another case of getting out-coached. The last 5 minutes of the game our wings got trigger happy after being dominant in the paint all game, yet we didn’t call a TO until it was too late. LSU was in major foul trouble, yet we weren’t attacking them. They finished clutch, our boys panicked. They made adjustments, our coaches sat on their hands. We’ve seen this happen down the stretch way too many times.

It was a game we could have won, yet also should have lost far worse than we did. It wouldn’t have been close had Norris and Petty not hit a couple of ridiculous buckets.

Hopefully we aren’t completely deflated against Auburn and Arkansas, but that kind of loss takes a lot out of a team.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
The bottom line for this game was poor shooting. Shot 37.5% field goals which of course includes made dunks and some desperation 3's that Petty made at the end. Two many open shots missed. Shot 13-23 free throws (56.5%).

A couple of more field goals and a couple more free throws earlier and Bama could have dictated the last minutes of the game.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The bottom line for this game was poor shooting. Shot 37.5% field goals which of course includes made dunks and some desperation 3's that Petty made at the end. Two many open shots missed. Shot 13-23 free throws (56.5%).

A couple of more field goals and a couple more free throws earlier and Bama could have dictated the last minutes of the game.
I agree.

We "ALMOST" beat a real good team. But take away Petty's hot hand and this is a 15-20 loss.

But bottom line, gotta find a way to put the ball in the hoop.

And, for the record, we might of taken a few quick shots, but I'd rather see us take the open looks than dribble the clock shot to death and turn it over or take a contested shot.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
I agree.

We "ALMOST" beat a real good team. But take away Petty's hot hand and this is a 15-20 loss.

But bottom line, gotta find a way to put the ball in the hoop.

And, for the record, we might of taken a few quick shots, but I'd rather see us take the open looks than dribble the clock shot to death and turn it over or take a contested shot.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Don't want to handcuff the players. The last few minutes should have been played smarter but shouldn't have come down to that. I know the 3-point shot carries a lot of value but there are some teams that have mastered the mid-range jumper (UT for one) and take advantage of open shots when they are available.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Don't want to handcuff the players. The last few minutes should have been played smarter but shouldn't have come down to that. I know the 3-point shot carries a lot of value but there are some teams that have mastered the mid-range jumper (UT for one) and take advantage of open shots when they are available.
I agree in principle, but I don't regard those last threes as quality open threes...

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
I hate it for Norris that he had the turnover during the last minute to help seal Bama's fate. He will likely feel like he is to blame for the loss while he is actually the one to blame for Bama being in the game at all.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.