The Deep Roots of an Italian Song That Sounds Like English - But Is Just Nonsense

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
A must see video. Any chance this is Klingon?

BUT THE ROOTS OF CELENTANO’S song go much further back than the end of World War II. “What Celentano is doing, inventing a nonsense language, was already done by Dante and by medieval comedians before him,” says Simone Marchesi, who teaches French and Italian medieval literature at Princeton University. And that practice, Marchesi explains, goes back even further, to the Old Testament.

Last edited:

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
LOL! Just played the video with the volume up so it would get my daughter's attention in the other room. She hollers back, "Dad, are you playing music by the muppets?" :cool2:

Last edited:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Absolutely hilarious! I had to play twice for my wife and daughter.

This is how my mind hears rap.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
A must see video. Any chance this is Klingon?
I love the how the particulars in our lives directly affect so many facets, even subtly, like this:

“Rock or pop music is often arranged in ‘common time,’ a rhythmic pattern made of four beats with an emphasis on the second and fourth beat,” says Simone Lenzi, an Italian writer and frontman of Tuscan rock band Virginiana Miller. “That pattern goes very well with the English language, which is mostly made of short and monosyllabic words that can easily be arranged on four beats.” Italian, on the other hand, is mostly made of longer words—only about 2 percent of the most-used words are monosyllabic—making it more suited to arias than rock or pop. For example, Tracy Chapman’s “You got a fast car” translates as “Tu hai una macchina veloce.”

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.