You know you are great when you are hated

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I remember when we weren’t hated — we were laughed at. Dubose, Franchione, Price, Shula. Spotty success, lots of coulda woulda shoulda. Precious little can, will, did.

I’ll take being hated any day. Plus, I don’t think it’s really hate. It’s really envy.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Most great teams have the same problem. The loudest and most obnoxious of them get the most attention. The fair weather fans seem to come out of nowhere. Suddenly there are tons of Patriots fans and Bama fans. They are seemingly everywhere now.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I think Bama would quickly drop off that list if the program would go into decline. Notre Dame however is a team that will always be on the list whether or not they are winning.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I think Bama would quickly drop off that list if the program would go into decline. Notre Dame however is a team that will always be on the list whether or not they are winning.

Maybe, maybe not. Bama was the second most televised team back when only a few games a week were televised. Probably not because we are a nation of Bama fans. Winning 20% of the poll national titles over the last 60 years will create envy and sports hate, even in the down years!

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
Glad to see the Buckeyes on that list!!! Not happy to see my Lakers or Dodgers on it.

Speaking of the Lakers, what a disastrous season. LeBron is a great player, but he cannot be considered one of the GOAT until he learns to make other players around him better and picks up the intensity on the defensive side of the ball. What made Kobe and MJ so great was their unrivaled will to win and complete games - they were as good on D as they were on offense.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Some of these really make no sense.

Warriors: How can you not respect how Curry plays or Kerr coaches?

Maple Leafs: There’s just nothing about the team or the town to hate, grammatically incorrect name notwithstanding. Doug Gilmore seemed like a jerk on the ice, but he’s (a) long gone, and (b) the exception that proves the rule. I get that it’s a Canadian thing, but objectively the Habs’ fans are far worse.

St. Louis Cardinals: Their fans ARE the best in baseball. I once attended a game there that guaranteed poor turnout in any other mid-sized city: mid-August; 100 degree, 1000% humidity day; no-name opponent; Cards hopelessly out of the playoff picture. They still drew 25k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I'll take it :)

Never understood the love for the johnny-come-lately underdogs who are the beneficiaries of what the big, successful, programs have invested over 100 years. Let'em hate us. UCF, I'm looking directly at you.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.