Fatty pays $150 in compromise to spill over into other passenger's seat

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I have no problem with this happening.

I just don't understand why it had to become public knowledge.

Why can't people just keep stuff to them self? :rolleye2:

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I have no problem with this happening.

I just don't understand why it had to become public knowledge.

Why can't people just keep stuff to them self? :rolleye2:
I don't know if people get on the website referenced in the article to legitimately learn if they did wrong and were being a jerk or if they are secretly bragging about being a jerk. I didn't try go to the website "Am I The some word". I've got a feeling than many are doing the later.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think there should be bars set up, like the amusement park bars which say "You must be this tall to ride," except parallel and horizontal, saying "If you cannot fit between these bars, you must have two tickets." Failing that once would insure obese people plan ahead...

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I think there should be bars set up, like the amusement park bars which say "You must be this tall to ride," except parallel and horizontal, saying "If you cannot fit between these bars, you must have two tickets." Failing that once would insure obese people plan ahead...
I agree; keeps it simple.

Maybe it would get used more often than the stands that are used to check the size of carry-on luggage which are collecting dust in all the airline boarding areas.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
And hurt people's feelings in this day and age? Surely you jest? ;)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
You ought to try going on a dolphin cruise in Gulf Shores and being seated between two couples who ALL FOUR are obese. Earle, I swear to the heavens, my wife and I actually thought about just jumping overboard and telling them we'd swim back to the dock. LOL! MISERABLE!!!!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You ought to try going on a dolphin cruise in Gulf Shores and being seated between two couples who ALL FOUR are obese. Earle, I swear to the heavens, my wife and I actually thought about just jumping overboard and telling them we'd swim back to the dock. LOL! MISERABLE!!!!
Once, I accepted a football ticket from JessN to join him and two friends. They were nice, in the section with overhang and seats with arms on them. Jess put himself on the end and me between two friends. The friends were so obese, they wouldn't fit down between the seat arms. Both sat up on the arms. Picture that and you can see how much space was left between them for me. BTW, do they still have those seats? That was the only time I remember arms...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Once, I accepted a football ticket from JessN to join him and two friends. They were nice, in the section with overhang and seats with arms on them. Jess put himself on the end and me between two friends. The friends were so obese, they wouldn't fit down between the seat arms. Both sat up on the arms. Picture that and you can see how much space was left between them for me. BTW, do they still have those seats? That was the only time I remember arms...
LOL! How nice of Jess. LOL! It can be a real problem when you're the one it's happening to and you've paid good money for something. With the dolphin cruise, I was very tempted to ask for a refund because on this particular "cruise" you could not change locations on the boat. You could stand beside the rail directly in front of your seat or sit in your seat. Most dolphin cruises we'd been on you could move locations once the boat got away from the dock. But I felt we didn't get what we paid for, however, my wife told me if I opened my mouth about a refund she'd kill me.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I had a similar problem coming back from Italy. Fortunately, there were empty seats and the large man wanted to sit next to his wife (they were sitting in different areas). They both moved, making me very happy because I had no one next to me and I got to spread out ( I have a tendency to lean to one side.).

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I had a similar problem coming back from Italy. Fortunately, there were empty seats and the large man wanted to sit next to his wife (they were sitting in different areas). They both moved, making me very happy because I had no one next to me and I got to spread out ( I have a tendency to lean to one side.).
Last time I got scrunched on a plane, it was just the hop from Atlanta to HSV. However, after being stuck for two nights in the Atlanta snow, I didn't complain, although I'd paid for business class round trip to Germany... :D

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
LOVE this idea. I don't care how others wish to live their lives, but they don't have the right to literally encroach upon my space.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
LOVE this idea. I don't care how others wish to live their lives, but they don't have the right to literally encroach upon my space.
IMO, the bars would be very seldom to never used. Just the specter of failure to fit would be enough that two tickets would be bought... :D

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Last time I got scrunched on a plane, it was just the hop from Atlanta to HSV. However, after being stuck for two nights in the Atlanta snow, I didn't complain, although I'd paid for business class round trip to Germany... :D
It was such a long trip I paid the extra money for Delta Comfort. That first hour I wanted my money back. Then they guy moved and it didn’t matter. He and his wife moved to cheaper seats and got money back. They didn’t move immediately because it was the cheap seats.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It was such a long trip I paid the extra money for Delta Comfort. That first hour I wanted my money back. Then they guy moved and it didn’t matter. He and his wife moved to cheaper seats and got money back. They didn’t move immediately because it was the cheap seats.
I think I've posted this but we paid for EC on our last round trip to France. When boarded, the space above our seats was filled. A man and wife who'd asked for disabled boarding had taken it and were on the window directly across from us. I colored the air blue as I put our luggage over their seats. He was probably younger than I but had the weight problem - a hippo ass. His wife just seemed vague. As I struggled, I looked down at him and told him that he caused this. When we deplaned, I blocked them in so they were the last to leave EC. So much for paying extra for, among other things, supposedly "dedicated luggage space"...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.