Question For My Blue Friends: Why All The Deference to Ocasio-Cortez?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Any Dem - holding my nose or not.
Trump has to go. Period.
That is, if he can even run again. That’s still not a given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Any Dem - holding my nose or not.
Trump has to go. Period.
That is, if he can even run again. That’s still not a given.
At this point Trump or not the Dems get my vote. The GOP has proven themselves to be beyond redemption, IMO. I don't really consider myself a Dem but I have started considering myself Anti-Republican.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Again, this might be true within your sphere, but in my world I see it from both sides. My more liberal friends post about her daily, literally. They love her to death - in part because she sets off the hard-core righties, but also because they love her ideas and enthusiasm.
Maybe it's similar to the anti-business as usual feeling that helps Trump immensely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
At this point Trump or not the Dems get my vote. The GOP has proven themselves to be beyond redemption, IMO. I don't really consider myself a Dem but I have started considering myself Anti-Republican.
I'd be curious if Larry Hogan could persuade anyone who feels this way right now. I voted against him and would in a presidential election but hes a pretty likable guy.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Again, this might be true within your sphere, but in my world I see it from both sides. My more liberal friends post about her daily, literally. They love her to death - in part because she sets off the hard-core righties, but also because they love her ideas and enthusiasm.
I love her enthusiasm and her refusal to let party elders (of either party) silence her. Her ideas are extreme (to me, at least), but they are honestly held, and will serve to further the discussion.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
The right wings are frazzled and up in arms over her because she's simply the Trump version of the left wing. She's just as crazy to the left as he is to the right. They'd probably make a great reality show if they teamed up.
My guess is AOC's IQ would at least equal Gohmert's and Steve King's IQs combined.

I haven't had a drink in 30 years but if she was the bartender down the street I would fall off the wagon.

This is a new experience for me as I've never had the hots for anyone in Congress before. I might never again. :)

I haven't posted here in a while. I decided to read this thread to see how much fun I had been missing...is it possible people are pretending to be friends with those on the other end of the political spectrum to better set up and insult them?

One thing I concluded about posting here is that when someone gets off a real good zinger, a supremely snide remark...the person most impressed with the trolling skills is the one who posted it.

If that last short paragraph makes me seem smug...well, it's sometimes difficult to carry the burden of superiority without being offensive.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
My guess is AOC's IQ would at least equal Gohmert's and Steve King's IQs combined.

I haven't had a drink in 30 years but if she was the bartender down the street I would fall off the wagon.

This is a new experience for me as I've never had the hots for anyone in Congress before. I might never again. :)

I haven't posted here in a while. I decided to read this thread to see how much fun I had been missing...is it possible people are pretending to be friends with those on the other end of the political spectrum to better set up and insult them?

One thing I concluded about posting here is that when someone gets off a real good zinger, a supremely snide remark...the person most impressed with the trolling skills is the one who posted it.

If that last short paragraph makes me seem smug...well, it's sometimes difficult to carry the burden of superiority without being offensive.
I can completely relate. I'm hesitant to tell people that I do nothing to be stunningly good looking as I am except wake up and also have to purposely go to Wal Mart on occasion so my IQ won't continue to increase. It helps me relate to the commoners on this board.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Just to add a counterpoint to this.

Here's the Tweet link, embedding currently doesn't seem to be working (hence the screenshot)- https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1103835746845241344

Here's the link to the actual article:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...ortez-her-team-break-campaign-finance-n980121

There's no evidence of self-dealing or any kind of elaborate scam, two experts told NBC News, which is often the major concern with LLCs and PACs run by the same people.

Brendan Fischer, a director at the Campaign Legal Center, said "scam PACs" typically pay their staff huge salaries without doing much campaigning work other than fundraising, which doesn't appear to be the case here. He said he hasn't seen evidence of wrongdoing that would suggest any laws were broken.
“Describing a disbursement for strategy consulting is permissible, but only if that's what the disbursement was actually for. There may be a violation here,” Ryan said. “However, the FEC would likely treat this violation as very minor, particularly if the rest of the information provided for that transaction was accurate.”

Ryan said a small fine could result from such a violation, not jail time.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Bazza, when you posted the Fox News link with the accusations (that seem to be bogus) directed at AOC, did you think the source of the story, Fox News, was a legitimate news source?

The reason I ask is because they seem more like a propaganda outlet that is supporting this corrupted form of the GOP we are now dealing with.

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
Bazza, when you posted the Fox News link with the accusations (that seem to be bogus) directed at AOC, did you think the source of the story, Fox News, was a legitimate news source?

The reason I ask is because they seem more like a propaganda outlet that is supporting this corrupted form of the GOP we are now dealing with.
Whenever something really big hits the news, such as a senior Trump official being indicted, you will NEVER hear about it on FoxNews. It's obvious that FoxNews functions like Russia Today (funded by the Russian gov't). It's a propaganda machine disguised as a news channel.

During the 2016 election, you saw nothing about the many Trump faux pas and scandals. It's was always 100% HRC negativity, 24/7.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I saw a tweet in which AOC is responding to taunts coming from other Congressfolk (is that a word, plural for both sexes?) where they are threatening to send her back to waitressing...

I find it revealing when people mock where I came from, & say they’re going to “send me back to waitressing,” as if that is bad or shameful.

It’s as though they think being a member of Congress makes you intrinsically “better” than a waitress.

But our job is to serve, not rule.
Hey, I trust waitresses to bring me my food without spitting in it, but I wouldn't let some Congressmen anywhere near my food. :smile:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
So someone was making a wisecrack about not taking economic advice from a bartender - yet economists at some major financial institutions agree with her, so maybe she does know what she’s talking about.
Unlike some who just like to throw out smart “Alec” quips and reveal their ignorance.

https://apple.news/AHFtrt-1sT5ugLeZL8oACIQ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.