Best performance by an opposing quarterback against Alabama? Pre & since CNS - Page 2

View Poll Results: Best performance by an opposing quarterback against Alabama under CNS?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Tebow, Florida

2 2.99%
  • Cam Newton, Auburn

2 2.99%
  • Stephen Garcia, South Carolina

7 10.45%
  • Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M

12 17.91%
  • Trevor Knight, Oklahoma

2 2.99%
  • Bo Wallace, Ole Miss

1 1.49%
  • Chad Kelly, Ole Miss

0 0%
  • Cardale Jones, Ohio State

0 0%
  • Deshaun Watson, Clemson

35 52.24%
  • Trevor Lawrence, Clemson

6 8.96%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Re: Best performance by an opposing quarterback against Alabama? Pre & since CNS

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    I realize that there have been others, but Stephen Garcia is the most memorable one for me since Saban arrived.
    I think that one was the most out of character. Garcia never approached his Bama 2010 performance before or after. He just played a whale of a game.

BamaNation All-American

Re: Best performance by an opposing quarterback against Alabama? Pre & since CNS

Deshaun in the Saban era, Dave Marler of Miss St at Legion Field in about 78 or so. Threw for 450 in a totally different game. Condredge Holloway may not have had the stats, but that dude was awesome. And ol Brett Favre had a pretty good day at Legion Field also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    I think that one was the most out of character. Garcia never approached his Bama 2010 performance before or after. He just played a whale of a game.
    Not only that, but the 2010 team was Bama's worst under CNS wrt staying focused on the process.

It's Watson for me. Even when Bama stopped him for a half, he still came out stroking and won the game. SMH
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

2001 Alabama vs LSU @ BDS. Rohan Davey 35-44-1 528 yards 2 TD. Josh Reed had 19 receptions.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation All-American Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Best performance by an opposing quarterback against Alabama? Pre & since CNS

Browning Nagle - Louisville in the 1991 Fiesta Bowl was 20/33 for 451 in an absolutely awful game for Bama. 34-7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Snuffy Smith; March 5th, 2019 at 07:54 PM.

Watson is the easy choice. The guy was at his best against us. Others on the list had good/great games, but Watson—he’s the man.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    I had a hard time not picking Watson. But Manziel did, crazy as he may be, I did not think possible.
    Yup..Manziel gets my vote..As much as I despise the guy, as a football player, what Johnny Football did to us still irks me in amazement, cause that game won his Heisman Trophy & makes me just shake my head as to what he's done with his talent since that year..

Mike Evans made his life sooooo much easier as a QB, cause he was like a vacuum cleaner, catching the ball against us & we simply couldn't cover him..Even when we beat The Aggies the next year, if I recall right, Evans still caught nearly 300yrds in that loss against us..Dude was the best WR we've played against or was he a TE??????..

BamaNation All-American

One name I'll add to the pre-Saban era - Reggie Collier from Southern Miss. We couldn't do anything with him. Neither could Aubie.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Watson is my choice. Manziel was great, but his receivers were the real story. Watson was the best player in college football to not win a Heisman, IMO.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Watson is my choice. Manziel was great, but his receivers were the real story. Watson was the best player in college football to not win a Heisman, IMO.
    You make a valid point, but, we had no answer at all for Johnny Football in that loss & his performance against us was the best individual performance I've seen in person..

He was like Houdini escaping our pass rush & made our boy's look silly in the process..He literally looked like Joe Montana throwing the ball against us..I still think his jersey was coated in Vaseline to ease my ego..LOL
    Last edited by TideMan09; March 4th, 2019 at 08:56 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    2001 Alabama vs LSU @ BDS. Rohan Davey 35-44-1 528 yards 2 TD. Josh Reed had 19 receptions.
    I remember listening to that game on the radio. In terms of pure numbers, that was probably the best performance in the last 20 yrs bar none.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    I realize that there have been others, but Stephen Garcia is the most memorable one for me since Saban arrived.
    I agree. He could not do anything wrong that day. That USCe team should never have beaten us and we would have probably won 4 out of 5 against them! It was just one of those games.

BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    1000% Fact.....Within the CFB world it's pretty much criminal that he didn't win at LEAST 1 Heisman Trophy.

Watson EVISCERATED our Defense 2 years in a row.... and not just in any old regular game but the CFP NCG.

I didn't like anything about it while it was happening but he dang sure earned my respect.

The dude just has ICE water running through his veins coupled with a Michael Jordan like assassin mentality.