Best performance by an opposing quarterback against Alabama? Pre & since CNS - Page 4

View Poll Results: Best performance by an opposing quarterback against Alabama under CNS?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Tebow, Florida

2 2.99%
  • Cam Newton, Auburn

2 2.99%
  • Stephen Garcia, South Carolina

7 10.45%
  • Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M

12 17.91%
  • Trevor Knight, Oklahoma

2 2.99%
  • Bo Wallace, Ole Miss

1 1.49%
  • Chad Kelly, Ole Miss

0 0%
  • Cardale Jones, Ohio State

0 0%
  • Deshaun Watson, Clemson

35 52.24%
  • Trevor Lawrence, Clemson

6 8.96%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Best performance by an opposing quarterback against Alabama? Pre & since CNS

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    2001 Alabama vs LSU @ BDS. Rohan Davey 35-44-1 528 yards 2 TD. Josh Reed had 19 receptions.
    One other stat from that gameóno broken fingers on Reed or other LSU receivers. Davey consistently threw the hardest pass I have seen since Namath.

Re: Best performance by an opposing quarterback against Alabama? Pre & since CNS

This is an easy one, Archie Manning in 1969 had a game for the ages. I still remember thinking wow, and we get to watch it on TV, at night.
    540 yards of total offense and Bama beat 'em 33-32.

Here's a link:
    https://247sports.com/college/alabam...iss-104937050/
    "You don't want to be scared half to death more than once."

-Captain Obvious-

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

I voted for Johnny Football. Seemed like no matter what we did, he excelled. I think he and Watson changed how football is played and certainly the type of players Alabama recruits on D.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Mke4Bama View Post
    This is an easy one, Archie Manning in 1969 had a game for the ages. I still remember thinking wow, and we get to watch it on TV, at night.

Here's a link:
    I was in Legion Field that night. The game had an 8:30 kick off for National TV and the pre-game was special. Manning ran all over the field. It was as incredible a football performance by a QB ever and the video of the game shot from the press box doesn't do it justice. After seeing that I have always said that Peyton and Eli were never the athletes that their dad was.

Scott Hunter was up to the task and led a 4th Qtr. drive with a TD throw I believe on 4th down. Archie got the ball one more time but Bama was able to finally corral him as the clock expired.

No doubt in my mind that this was the best all time QB performance against the Tide.

BamaNation First Team

Here's a link:

My dad used to talk about that game when I was a kid. May have already been mentioned but Browning Nagle had a heck of a game against us in 91.

BamaNation All-SEC

Big A Re: Best performance by an opposing quarterback against Alabama? Pre & since CNS

Here's a link:
    Quote Originally Posted by UAH View Post
    I was in Legion Field that night. The game had an 8:30 kick off for National TV and the pre-game was special. Manning ran all over the field. It was as incredible a football performance by a QB ever and the video of the game shot from the press box doesn't do it justice. After seeing that I have always said that Peyton and Eli were never the athletes that their dad was.

Scott Hunter was up to the task and led a 4th Qtr. drive with a TD throw I believe on 4th down. Archie got the ball one more time but Bama was able to finally corral him as the clock expired.

No doubt in my mind that this was the best all time QB performance against the Tide.
    ... +1 for the Archie Manning/Scott Hunter shootout

... first thing that popped into my head when I saw the thread title
    Bama's Back

Stephen Garcia before and Deshaun Watson after.

Quote Originally Posted by ddsmit View Post
    Stephen Garcia before and Deshaun Watson after.
    Before and after what? Garcia played from 2007-2011.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Before and after what? Garcia played from 2007-2011.
    OK how would you like me to phrase that? Garcia was before Coach Saban and Watson was after Saban was hired. Isn't that what the OP asked?

OK how would you like me to phrase that? Garcia was before Coach Saban and Watson was after Saban was hired. Isn't that what the OP asked?
    (softly whispers: Saban was hired in January 2007 and was on the sideline when Garcia had his 2010 game.)
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

My apology. I thought Saban came in 2008.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

My apology. I thought Saban came in 2008.
    No worries, but either way, the Garcia game was in 2010.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

I like to post and then go back and read the other posts so here's my thought:

Johhny Manziel in T-town on a perfect Nov. day did the craziest thing I've ever seen for the whole game. Maybe it's because I was there in person and saw it with my own eyes but it was amazingly crazy good!

It was not just one play (the one that won him the Heisman) but he did stuff like that the whole game and we couldn't stop him. It's even amazing we almost pulled it out in the end.

Everybody on the list had a day, but Johhny football had the best of 'em all on one day against Bama.