Best performance by an opposing quarterback against Alabama? Pre & since CNS - Page 6

View Poll Results: Best performance by an opposing quarterback against Alabama under CNS?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Tebow, Florida

2 2.99%
  • Cam Newton, Auburn

2 2.99%
  • Stephen Garcia, South Carolina

7 10.45%
  • Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M

12 17.91%
  • Trevor Knight, Oklahoma

2 2.99%
  • Bo Wallace, Ole Miss

1 1.49%
  • Chad Kelly, Ole Miss

0 0%
  • Cardale Jones, Ohio State

0 0%
  • Deshaun Watson, Clemson

35 52.24%
  • Trevor Lawrence, Clemson

6 8.96%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Re: Best performance by an opposing quarterback against Alabama? Pre & since CNS

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    I keep asking myself what happens if Nussmeir had the smarts enough to run the ball 4 times on the 3 yard line instead of trying to win AJ the heisman. MVP of that game for Texas A&M was Doug Nussmsier not Johnny manziel. We shut him down from the 2nd quarter on.
    I don't disagree about our offense, but Manziel made plays the whole game including the 3rd and 4th quarters. We contained him much better after the first quarter, but we didn't shut him down. Two of the most critical plays were dimes he tossed to his guys that were very well defended. Just perfect throws. The evidence is in the video.

BamaNation First Team 12Namath12's Avatar

Re: Best performance by an opposing quarterback against Alabama? Pre & since CNS

Trevor Lawrence - The most one sided performance in Nick Saban history.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

In deciding my vote I somewhat went outside the scope of the question. I voted Garcia because all the other quarterbacks were the type of players who commonly put up big numbers in games. Look at Garcia's career, even operating within a Spurrier style offense. He simply wasn't the type of quarterback who commonly put up big game numbers. The other ones did. So for him to do what he did against us, is a lot more impressive and shocking as well. It was like Dan Marino's spirit descending upon Garcia's body for that game. His stats for that game compared to the others on the list aren't eye popping. But taking into consideration the caliber of quarterback he was, compared to the rest. His was the most impressive. Oh, and almost forgot this about Garcia. He was also a head case to deal with.
    Last edited by Bamabuzzard; March 12th, 2019 at 02:10 PM.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon