Spring ahead this Sunday.........

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
i'm getting quite a few daily on my mobile. john oliver did a good piece on robocalls this past sunday.
I just finished watching that Jon Oliver episode. That guy is so funny. I can’t link to it because of the language but here ie an overview.

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/20...the-fcc-with-anti-robocall-robocall-campaign/

Hi FCC! This is John from Customer Service. Congratulations! You’ve just won a chance to lower robocalls in America today. Haha… sorry, but I am a live person. Robocalls are incredibly annoying, and the person who can stop them is you! Talk to you again in 90 minutes. Here’s some bagpipe music.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I just finished watching that Jon Oliver episode. That guy is so funny. I can’t link to it because of the language but here ie an overview.

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/20...the-fcc-with-anti-robocall-robocall-campaign/

Hi FCC! This is John from Customer Service. Congratulations! You’ve just won a chance to lower robocalls in America today. Haha… sorry, but I am a live person. Robocalls are incredibly annoying, and the person who can stop them is you! Talk to you again in 90 minutes. Here’s some bagpipe music.
yeah, that last bit spamming the fcc commissioners was hilarious.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I hate "falling back" during the fall. For me personally, I'd rather have more daylight when I come home to do recreational stuff outside. Than have daylight in the morning going to work. I don't need sunlight in the morning to get to work. I've got headlights. Just keep the time where people have more time after work to get out and do something.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I hate "falling back" during the fall. For me personally, I'd rather have more daylight when I come home to do recreational stuff outside. Than have daylight in the morning going to work. I don't need sunlight in the morning to get to work. I've got headlights. Just keep the time where people have more time after work to get out and do something.
They did this one year back in the 70’s. I was living in Saffold Hall. I remember one foggy morning walking to class and there was barely enough light to see if it was safe to cross the street.

I’d be ok with DST year round.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I see one big divide here and it's the time clock. Those of us who make our own schedules, or are retired, see it as a nuisance or, at best, immaterial. Those who are still working to someone else's schedule value the late hours more. The phrase "after work" is the operative one...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I see one big divide here and it's the time clock. Those of us who make our own schedules, or are retired, see it as a nuisance or, at best, immaterial. Those who are still working to someone else's schedule value the late hours more. The phrase "after work" is the operative one...
i think another one would be young children. it always takes at least a week for us to get our daughter back on the proper sleep schedule.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Yeah, that's why I said "For me personally". I know a lot of people who hate it. But it is very beneficial for me and our lifestyle.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
i think another one would be young children. it always takes at least a week for us to get our daughter back on the proper sleep schedule.
I hadn't thought about that, but it's true. We didn't have DST when mine were small, so no issue. Hell, I have trouble with staying up too late, anyway. I now have a "nag" smart watch, which tells me exactly how much sleep I get and even the percentage efficiency. IDK how accurate that is. I read late last night and only got 5.5 hours - not enough...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.