Spring ahead this Sunday.........

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Actually springing forward helps me. I'm an EARLY riser (I'm the one who wakes up the roosters) so this puts me getting up at a time that starts with a 5 rather than a 4... until I'm adjusted again :D

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
In China here is one time zone for the whole country and no DST.

I prefer the DST but hate the change. Falls backe is easy. Spring forward is getting tougher every year.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Yippie, I much prefer the sun to be up when I get home.
Same here. Though the getting up earlier is a bit inconvenient for the first few weeks. I like getting home from work and actually being able to do something outside the house. It can get quite depressing during the week when all you basically can do is work, come home, and then go to work again the next day. It's great for paying bills. But not too great for the recreational side of things.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
There's an old, and probably faux, remark attributed to a Navajo elder - "Only white man think he can take one foot off one end of blanket, sew it on other end and make longer." From my standpoint, it's just a nuisance. I make my own hours and haven't punched a time clock, literally or figuratively, since 1963. Come to think of it, that was my last paycheck from a boss, also. I've also not set an alarm clock except for a handful of times for early flights or surgery in that interval of time. My windows have no shades, so the sun wakes me up. So why would I care? It's the intersections with the rest of the world I have to tolerate - news and other programs starting an hour later, in relation to sleep time, etc. Also, I find that some of my clients seem to feel that the workday should also be extended. Of course, generally, they're not punching time clocks, either. So, I get a lot more late calls. I think some people go all summer thinking "It's really only 5:30, anyway"...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
There's an old, and probably faux, remark attributed to a Navajo elder - "Only white man think he can take one foot off one end of blanket, sew it on other end and make longer." From my standpoint, it's just a nuisance. I make my own hours and haven't punched a time clock, literally or figuratively, since 1963. Come to think of it, that was my last paycheck from a boss, also. I've also not set an alarm clock except for a handful of times for early flights or surgery in that interval of time. My windows have no shades, so the sun wakes me up. So why would I care? It's the intersections with the rest of the world I have to tolerate - news and other programs starting an hour later, in relation to sleep time, etc. Also, I find that some of my clients seem to feel that the workday should also be extended. Of course, generally, they're not punching time clocks, either. So, I get a lot more late calls. I think some people go all summer thinking "It's really only 5:30, anyway"...
Same with me on most of your post......except for the phone call stuff. TV schedule vs. daylight hours impact me the most! :D

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Same with me on most of your post......except for the phone call stuff. TV schedule vs. daylight hours impact me the most! :D
And you already have the problem of the late news not even starting until 11:00 PM. I had one friend who moved to the EST comment after a couple of years that everyone in the EST was chronically sleep-deprived...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.