Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. The Barn... - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Re: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. The Barn...

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    My point being, that if the game is called in "let em Play" mentality by the officials. it favors the more physical team and Auburn was clearly more physical in the 2nd half. Did it ultimately cost us the game, maybe, maybe not. We still had a chance to win at the end and could not get it done. Hall had 3 shots all night and passed out of the post almost every time he touched the ball because he was being molested by their post players. It is inexcusable that you have a significant height advantage and don't take advantage of it. I've said before as Donta Hall goes, so goes the Tide. I believe we got out rebounded again by a much smaller team. BTW, several times last night our players looked at the refs after taking shots in pure bewilderment that no foul was called.

My final impression of this team is they don't have clearly defined roles and the players end up trying to do too much. We also are playing the pro style of matchups and one on one plays which does not translate well to the college game unless you have superior talent, which we don't. The Alabama team that beat UK and took UT to the wire didn't remotely resemble the team that took the court last night. Unfortunately, it looks as if Coach Johnson has lost the confidence of the players IMHO and it is just a matter of time before we implode further. I do not look forward to Saturday against the Hogs.
    Oh, I agree with you about the officials being sorry last night. If the collapse was out of the norm, I would tend to point to the officiating as the reason it was so bad.

Unfortunately, we all know the collapse was not out of the norm.

You mention the players not knowing their roles because the roles aren't clearly defined. Did it seem to anyone else Herbert was playing more point forward last night than he has in recent games? Might have been because of Dazon's injury.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Oh, I agree with you about the officials being sorry last night. If the collapse was out of the norm, I would tend to point to the officiating as the reason it was so bad.

You mention the players not knowing their roles because the roles aren't clearly defined. Did it seem to anyone else Herbert was playing more point forward last night than he has in recent games? Might have been because of Dazon's injury.
    Not sure, thinking he was trying to be more aggressive on the offensive side to help offset scoring. Which was what I've been looking from him all season. As far as the definition of their roles, it just seems like CAJ seems to have a NBA approach to this team in letting them rely on their individual talent. That was ok with players like Sexton, but its clear that it doesn't work with players that haven't reached that level or if they are still growing.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Just Win View Post
    The free throw should be the easiest shot in basketball, other than of course an uncontested dunk or layup. The fact that we're not good at free throws is very telling in that we're not good at shooting overall. And in basketball, if your players are not good at shooting the basketball into the hoop, you're not going to be very good. It's really that simple.
    Thanks for saying so. I've been saying this going back to the Grant years. If you can't shoot a 15 foot, uncontested shot at a reasonable percentage, you can't shoot! I agree, "It's really that simple."

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    Except for the opportunity to improve and play together more, I wish NIT wasn't an option. This team should have been a top 25 team.
    IF we keep on practicing the way we have and don't practice against the press, IDK how much good the extra time will do...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    My point being, that if the game is called in "let em Play" mentality by the officials. it favors the more physical team and Auburn was clearly more physical in the 2nd half. Did it ultimately cost us the game, maybe, maybe not. We still had a chance to win at the end and could not get it done. Hall had 3 shots all night and passed out of the post almost every time he touched the ball because he was being molested by their post players. It is inexcusable that you have a significant height advantage and don't take advantage of it. I've said before as Donta Hall goes, so goes the Tide. I believe we got out rebounded again by a much smaller team. BTW, several times last night our players looked at the refs after taking shots in pure bewilderment that no foul was called.

My final impression of this team is they don't have clearly defined roles and the players end up trying to do too much. We also are playing the pro style of matchups and one on one plays which does not translate well to the college game unless you have superior talent, which we don't. The Alabama team that beat UK and took UT to the wire didn't remotely resemble the team that took the court last night. Unfortunately, it looks as if Coach Johnson has lost the confidence of the players IMHO and it is just a matter of time before we implode further. I do not look forward to Saturday against the Hogs.
    That has been obvious to me for a while. At this age, these kids can't self-coach and CAJ can't coach them because he doesn't really know the college game. There is no reason we can't handle the press, except practice. There's also no excuse for the abysmal FT percentage except lack of practice...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Second Team

Please hire Fred Hoiberg

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Yes, Jones seemed to bring the ball up and work at the point a little more frequently to me. I think Ingram's injury also led to Petty handling the ball more than usual; that did not go well.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Just wanted to say sorry for the loss. Things will get better - hang in there......
    And, what wouldn't lead you to believe to believe that things will get better? ?

No clue how true this is, but there does seem the chance Greg doesn’t have to make a decision...

https://twitter.com/coachingchanges/...728677888?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    IF we keep on practicing the way we have and don't practice against the press, IDK how much good the extra time will do...
    So true. My F-I-L always says “practice doesn’t make perfect. Only PERFECT practice makes perfect.”

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

No clue how true this is, but there does seem the chance Greg doesn’t have to make a decision...

https://twitter.com/coachingchanges/...728677888?s=21

Why would SMU hire him? I think that guy knows nothing.

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    Except for the opportunity to improve and play together more, I wish NIT wasn't an option. This team should have been a top 25 team.
    This is what is insanely frustrating about this year's team. It comes down to coaching.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    And, what wouldn't lead you to believe to believe that things will get better? ?
    I guess no matter what........I always try to keep the faith.

Have always found it gets me through both good and bad times.

KTF (Keep The Faith)!