Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. The Barn...

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
As fans we might as well settle in and get used to this. Is it acceptable, absolutely not at least to us fans. But the people that can actually make changes are obviously satisfied with the program where it is. Average and even below average is totally acceptable at this time. I'm sure our 5 star visitor left with a great feeling about the program tonight.....

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
"One half of basketball is not good enough."

No, but it is the norm.
K I’m back, and I’m going to be honest.

I tend to hate the stupid “we lost more than they won” idiom, but I think it fits tonight. I counted 3 (not a joke), 3 possessions, that weren’t bad for UA after the half. We played like crap and had no business winning that one. If your boys had been properly coached on inbounding, that huge run that gave us the lead doesn’t happen.

Avery probably needs to be gone if he doesn’t crest 20 and an appearance in the dance next year. With the talent he brings in, 17-13 in early March and hoping for a weak bubble to go dancing doesn’t cut it.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
In 8 January games, we averaged just under 75 points per game. In 8 February games, we averaged 67 ppg. So far in March, down to 64.5 ppg. Haven't cracked 70 point mark since 2/9/19 @ Vanderbilt. Since beginning of February, we have scored 70 twice, Georgia was the other. 15-3 when scoring 70. 2-10 when under.

Last edited:

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Too angry to say much. Same old story different night. I have never seen a team blow leads like we do. Btw, the officials lost control early. Foul after foul ignored. The boogs were like the old Detroit bad boys. Pitiful.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Not sure what to say about this one ... tough (preventable) loss. So many factors ... when these guys are on, they are tough to beat ... but when they are off ... they are simply tough to watch. I still hope they make the tourney but realistically I can't see them making a significant run without figuring out how to get back to putting together a complete game.

Can't believe that I'm saying this but, watching this team this season feels like I just watched the Barners 2018 football season ...

All I know is, if CAJ sticks around he has to dedicate double-time to coaching up the talent he has, and not just trusting the talent is at a point to where they can get it done. And the players have to dedicate themselves to getting better as individuals AND as a team.

Said what I had to say for the night, bring on Arky

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Program is simply done. This year and for the foreseeable future. Really nothing to hang a hat on any longer.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Because we are coached by Avery Johnson- hands down the worst coach in the SEC and it is not even close. Time for people to get their head out of the sand.
How in the name of Wimp Sanderson do we not only not beat the brakes off of our biggest rival with a hot home crowd, Nick Saban in the house, and an NCAA spot in the balance, but actually choke away a 13-point lead? I just can't......

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Talent <> Team

Would much rather have less talented players who aren't trying to "make the league" but who play together as a team for multiple years. I _HATE_ the modern brand of college basketball. Not fun to watch _at all_ for me anymore.

For the life of me I don't understand how this "team" isn't something like 25-5 or better.

A Coke and a big smile "ain't getting it done".

Last edited:

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
I like to watch Alabama Basketball; and I like to watch a well coached basketball team give good effort. Because of this point of view; I have found myself watching not a lot of Bama basketball this year; and when I did I have been mostly disappointed.
#Unbuckled.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
My first Alabama-Auburn was 1973 at Coleman (way up in the nose bleed seats with my youth basketball team). I have been in love with Bama basketball ever since. I been to some big Bama basketball games, but for me there was always something special about whipping Auburn in Coleman.

This was sickening for me last night. Even up by double digits, it was clear the inevitable “keystone cops” routine of a team absolutely clueless to the fundamentals of the game would appear and bring Auburn back into the game.

I’m not one to scream “fire the coach” at a whim, but I’m done. Byrne and this administration needs to decide about were they stand in commitment to excellence with this basketball program. I usually attend a half a dozen home games a year, and would have been there last except for an 8 pm tip with an early morning flight today. I won’t go back until I see something change.

Last edited:

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I know its coaching but discipline more than anything. The ridiculous amount of turnovers in the most in opportune times make it hard to evaluate the coaching. When these mental lapses and errors are being committed by your starters and you cant turn to others on the bench to enforce discipline you have got a mess on your hands.

To have played and coached in the NBA as long he has he cant be this bad strategically. But the discipline structure looks like that of a mediocre NBA team.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Talent <> Team

Would much rather have less talented players who aren't trying to "make the league" but who play together as a team for multiple years. I _HATE_ the modern brand of college basketball. Not fun to watch _at all_ for me anymore.

For the life of me I don't understand how this "team" isn't something like 25-5 or better.

A Coke and a big smile "ain't getting it done".
I’m completely with you. CBball is simply unwatchable to me. It’s really just a better attended NBA D-league. I think the best bet will be the 18 yo can go but if you go to college you go at least 3 years. I think baseball is like that IIRC but the one and done has destroyed it for me. That’s just my opinion but I find it shared especially with the fans as they get older. The younger fans have grown up with this brand but it’s so different from what I grew up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I’m completely with you. CBball is simply unwatchable to me. It’s really just a better attended NBA D-league. I think the best bet will be the 18 yo can go but if you go to college you go at least 3 years. I think baseball is like that IIRC but the one and done has destroyed it for me. That’s just my opinion but I find it shared especially with the fans as they get older. The younger fans have grown up with this brand but it’s so different from what I grew up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. That IS the baseball model and IT WORKS.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I think instead of being done, like many here feel, I think I'm indifferent. I sort of think that is worse than being done. I hate that I feel so blah about it.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
As Earle started many responses this basketball season, “what might have been..”

Think about it. Last night....winnable. LSU game at home -winnable. Tennessee in Knoxville-winnable. TAMU at home -(ugh) winnable. Georgia State -(ugh) winnable. Baylor and UCF both winnable.

Go 4-3 in those games and look at the perception of this season. And I submit that difference in those games was coaching and preparation. And that will be the difference most likely between the NCAA and the NIT for us.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
I believe the baseball model would work for college basketball. It is a different game now than what I grew up with, played and then coached. Last night looked like pickup games in the summer with whoever showed up. Again, our basketball IQ as a team is no better than some middle school teams I watched play this year. Same mistakes over and over and over again. There needs to be a change and the only thing that will get the AD’s attention is for folks to stop paying well earned money to watch this over and over and over. I talked with a couple of Duke fans last night and they are saying they are tired of one and done players. They want to see a true team that plays together for at least 3 years. It is sad how far college basketball has fallen in the last 10-20 years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.