What's the best annual SEC game most years that doesn't involve Alabama? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Re: What's the best annual SEC game most years that doesn't involve Alabama?

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post

Let's grant, however, both of us are speculating at this point. But I honestly thought the day they hired Ingram (Sep 1989) that it was to get Bobby Bowden.
    I think that is probably correct since there was 0 excitement over hiring Gene Stallings.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    I think that is probably correct since there was 0 excitement over hiring Gene Stallings.

There was an assumption at the time that if we offered Bowden the job, he'd take it.

We really blew it in 1987. I recall the day Curry got hired - it was total shock. Stallings was a bit of a shock - but mostly because I wanted Bowden. A lot of the "old guard" was happy with Stallings being the choice.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I pull for GA in that game. I can understand why you wouldn't.
    UGA has become an enemy, especially with what Kirby pulled when he left. I can't watch any game with the barn in it as they generally bore me to death with that great offensive system they have.

As for the question, I'd say probably UGA vs UF.
    I need you out there slinging coconuts and pineapples!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

UF-UT was it during the 90s. It doesn't have the same luster today.

UGA-AU has always been fun. Yes, I used to love seeing Auburn lose and my favorite has to be the 4 OT game way back in 1996. But these days I hate UGA about as much as AU.

UF-LSU has also always been a lot of fun. I can't remember the year, seems like it was 1997, but they spanked Spurrier and Florida when they came in ranked #1 (Sorry Bazza). Of course, that was during the DiNardo era so LSU found a way to screw it up later in the season.

Of course UF-UGA. I pull very hard for Florida these days.

Back in the Houston Nutt/Les Miles era, LSU-Ark was great. I think they ruined it by moving it off that Black Friday date, but I realize with conference expansion, it sort of made sense.