Link: Alabama Intel on New Staff Member, HR3, and Injured LB

Alabama Intel on New Staff Member, HR3, and Injured LB

Click

If they didnít know already, NFL teams are now well aware that Henry Ruggs is really, really fast. Alabama had its junior pro day Wednesday and Iíve heard that NFL scouts timed Ruggs, who had 11 touchdown catches for the Tide last season, in the 4.25 range in the 40-yard dash. To put that into perspective, the NFL scouting combine record for the 40-yard dash is 4.22 and the fastest time posted at this yearís combine was 4.30. There were other players that ran fast, too. Biletnikoff Award winner Jerry Jeudy, safety Jared Mayden and a couple others were timed in the 4.4s in the 40.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American

Re: Alabama Intel on New Staff Member, HR3, and Injured LB

Man, I'm really interested to see where all our WRs will be drafted when its all said and done. 4.25 is just insane. I wonder what Waddle would run

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Hope these LBs come back healthy.

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    Man, I'm really interested to see where all our WRs will be drafted when its all said and done. 4.25 is just insane. I wonder what Waddle would run
    I think Waddle runs with more football style, and if you watch Ruggs in the open field he looks like a sprinter with long strides and upright. It wouldnít surprise me if Ruggs was faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    I think Waddle runs with more football style, and if you watch Ruggs in the open field he looks like a sprinter with long strides and upright. It wouldn’t surprise me if Ruggs was faster.

Oh I agree. I think Ruggs is faster as well. Just curious what he would run. I'm sure Waddle would kill the agility drills too.

BamaNation All-American

The al.com report says he ran in the 4.4s. Seems like Zedrick Woods really trained up for the 40 at the combine (or JJ had a bad run at Junior Day).
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    The al.com report says he ran in the 4.4s. Seems like Zedrick Woods really trained up for the 40 at the combine (or JJ had a bad run at Junior Day).
    Yea, just goes to show that combine 40 time is simply one data point when it comes to speed.

https://twitter.com/mzenitz/status/1...939408384?s=21

-- Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-SEC

also, putting the pads on impacts everyone's speed at least a little bit and for some it's a bigger impact than others.

BamaNation All-SEC

If true, those are crazy numbers. I almost never predict a TF to come in (especially DL and OL) and make big impact right away just because there are other guys that have had time in the program who were just as good when they stepped on campus, but this kid might just break that trend and earn major time early.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

I would take our top 4 WR's against any other football players in the nation in a 4 x 100m relay. I would like to see Ruggs and Waddle in the 40 or 100 yd race. Both can absolutely fly.