Sources: LSU hoops coach on wiretap discussing 'offer' - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Sources: LSU hoops coach on wiretap discussing 'offer'

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Looks like Joe Aleva isn't taking any chances...

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1104098287160823809

In this case, at least, I think their cooperation is irrelevant. They have Wade on tape. This is as close to a smoking gun as I've seen in an improper benefits investigation in quite some time.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    In this case, at least, I think their cooperation is irrelevant. They have Wade on tape. This is as close to a smoking gun as I've seen in an improper benefits investigation in quite some time.
    Yep. As more wiretaps/transcripts come out, the more we'll see this.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Alleva trying to get ahead of this thing. Far too many times the NCAA shows up on campus investigating one program and before you know they are “poking around” elsewhere. Basketball is important but football is the cash cow. You don’t want them sticking their nose around the football program.

BamaNation All-American

It is more than a bit funny that this discussion of the La State basketball coach is on the Football board.

BamaNation Second Team

See Cam Newton 🤔🤫🙄

Quote Originally Posted by BearFoot View Post
    See Cam Newton 🤔🤫🙄
    NCAA didn’t have a smoking gun like they do here. It’s why “deny, deny, deny” worked out so well for us.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

BamaNation All-SEC rolltide7854's Avatar

All that is missing is "keep it down home, cuz"

Sorry Audub, I couldn't resist

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    This has been discussed on our hoops board but I want to relate it to what we had to go through in the 2000s when we were “staring down the barrel of a shotgun” with the NCAAs pompous and corrupt staff.

How do the schools involved in these schemes not get the death penalty when they have them ON A FRIGGIN RECORDING talking about “deals” and “offers”?

Add that to the fact that Mark Schlabach is reporting that “LSU will ride out the rest of the season with Wade as coach.”

Somebody explain to me the NCAAs impotence. I’m getting mad again thinking about their arrogance toward us and their non existence in 2019.

Pathetic.
    Seems like having them on tape ought to be enough for a quick trial.

We're just beginning to see details trickle out from this investigation - I suspect no on his safe, blue blood or not.

If the NCAA has no issue with going after OSU, USC, and Bama in football then it's not about protecting blue bloods...
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Have to admit that I raised an eyebrow earlier this season when will Wade took over an average program, went 18-15 in his first season and then jumped to a 25-5 record this year. Something about that just didn’t add up and now we know why..

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Have to admit that I raised an eyebrow earlier this season when will Wade took over an average program, went 18-15 in his first season and then jumped to a 25-5 record this year. Something about that just didn’t add up and now we know why..
    Posted more about it in the big thread on the basketball board, but this apparently surprises no one in coaching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LSUgrad2BamaDad View Post
    One thing to remember is that our idiot AD is the same guy who cancelled Duke’s lacrosse season amid public pressure and not believing in his team. We all know how that turned out.

Bamanation - I understand your points, I really do. I wish and hope college athletics is pure, but I know in reality, rules are being broken all over the place.
    O good night.....that might have been the first real case of "Internet mob rule," which has only gotten worse.

And we ALL know - yes we do - had that been Duke BASKETBALL, we would have heard something about "presumption of innocence."

I don't dispute your little fall guy theory, there's plenty of evidence to suggest it. The flip side is - just like Ole Miss - you're the one the cop pulled over for speeding. Same thing happened to us with the 2002 sanctions.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Posted more about it in the big thread on the basketball board, but this apparently surprises no one in coaching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's the same thing Freeze did at Ole Miss. There's safety in numbers when everyone is doing 60 in a 50mph zone. When you blow by the pack at 80, you get noticed.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!