Sources: LSU hoops coach on wiretap discussing 'offer'
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Angry Sources: LSU hoops coach on wiretap discussing 'offer'

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN a report on LSU Basketball Coach Will Wade
    "Dude," Wade continued during the call, "I went to [the handler] with a [expletive] strong-ass offer about a month ago. [Expletive] strong.

"The problem was, I know why he didn't take it now. It was [expletive] tilted toward the family a little bit. It was tilted toward taking care of the mom, taking care of the kid. Like it was tilted towards that. Now I know for a fact he didn't explain everything to the mom. I know now, he didn't get enough of the piece of the pie in the deal."

"It was a [expletive] hell of a [expletive] offer," Wade continued. "Hell of an offer. ... Especially for a kid who is going to be a two- or three-year kid."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...scussing-offer
    This has been discussed on our hoops board but I want to relate it to what we had to go through in the 2000s when we were “staring down the barrel of a shotgun” with the NCAAs pompous and corrupt staff.

How do the schools involved in these schemes not get the death penalty when they have them ON A FRIGGIN RECORDING talking about “deals” and “offers”?

Add that to the fact that Mark Schlabach is reporting that “LSU will ride out the rest of the season with Wade as coach.”

Somebody explain to me the NCAAs impotence. I’m getting mad again thinking about their arrogance toward us and their non existence in 2019.

Pathetic.
    Last edited by BamaNation; March 7th, 2019 at 08:12 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Sources: LSU hoops coach on wiretap discussing 'offer'

RIP LSU basketball.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    RIP LSU basketball.
    Remember this is dependent on a totally unpredictable NCAA, which I think is Nation's point.

That looks really, really bad.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

FB|BB Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    That looks really, really bad.
    It does. But so did UNC, and they skated. Ole Miss was 100% busted, and they got a love tap on the wrist. Don't get me started on Auburn and Cam.

I have as much faith in the NCAA as I do the Alabama Legislature.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonTheory's Avatar

NCAA is going to be so mad, that they will take it out on UC Sunnydale.

In some cases they don't enforce there rules, in other cases, they seemed to be making up the rules as they are going along. So joking aside, why do we need the NCAA again?
    the former CrimsonBleedRed.

BamaNation First Team LSUgrad2BamaDad's Avatar

I think the ncaa is singling out a little guy (let’s face it, we are no basketball blue blood) to try to make an example of, while turning a blind eye and essentially protecting the big ones.

Fight on WW!
    "(The Campus Catholic Sudent Center) is going to be our legacy, Terry and I's legacy, that we're going to be as proud of as anything we've ever accomplished," -Nick Saban
    " I come in peace" -WSIV70 (my old user name)

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Quote Originally Posted by LSUgrad2BamaDad View Post
    I think the ncaa is singling out a little guy (let’s face it, we are no basketball blue blood) to try to make an example of, while turning a blind eye and essentially protecting the big ones.

Fight on WW!
    I think my take on this is a little different

You have a coach who is caught on tape discussing a deal and complaining about the player's runner not taking the deal. LSU is keeping the coach employed rather than suspending until details come out. NCAA has said nada bumpkis that I can find. There's so much wrong here, I'm not sure where to start.

1) I don't want a coach who does this. Some of y'all are cynical and in the "but everybody does it" mentality which is definitely not the reason to do something.

2) If this is what has to be done to get good players to play the game, go find me only adequate players who don't want to be paid to play. OR stop playing the game.

3) The current rules don't allow payment of players. Maybe they should, but they don't. It's quite simple.

4) LSU continuing to let him coach may say more about them than we knew in the past.

5) What idiot uses a phone to conduct this corruption? Makes me question overall IQ of the coach.

6) Echoing what others have said, the NCAA's overall level of competence and consistency and character is near absolute zero. I would put it lower than the scumbags who are participating in these corrupt practices.

7) You're probably right about the big guy/little guy sentiments.

I imagine if LSU were 16-14, WW would be gone; but, since they have a shot at making a Final Four run, he's still on the bench.

Which DOES say a whole lot about LSU; but I also imagine a majority of schools would be doing the same in this situation. It's all about winning. And for the ones who don't get to the Elite Eight/Final Four very often, you know you're getting busted anyway so why not continue the run?

College basketball is a dirty business and has been for some time.
    RTR

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LSUgrad2BamaDad View Post

Fight on WW!
    You are trying to apply logic (though a bit twisted in an effort to defend your school) to an institution that is beyond reason. The NCAA is a corrupt institution that just needs to go away.

BamaNation Second Team DogPatch's Avatar

After seeing how the NCAA handled the Scam Newton/Mississippi State "deal," I have no faith whatsoever that they will ever do the right thing ever again.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

With that kind of money floating around, it's hard to see how paying players ends corruption.

BamaNation First Team LSUgrad2BamaDad's Avatar

One thing to remember is that our idiot AD is the same guy who cancelled Duke’s lacrosse season amid public pressure and not believing in his team. We all know how that turned out.

Bamanation - I understand your points, I really do. I wish and hope college athletics is pure, but I know in reality, rules are being broken all over the place.
    "(The Campus Catholic Sudent Center) is going to be our legacy, Terry and I's legacy, that we're going to be as proud of as anything we've ever accomplished," -Nick Saban
    " I come in peace" -WSIV70 (my old user name)