Link: Alabama Falls in Hard-Fought, 53-52, Loss Against Auburn in the Second Round of the S
Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
    Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Alabama Falls in Hard-Fought, 53-52, Loss Against Auburn in the Second Round of the S

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide.com
    Alabama led by as many as seven point in the fourth quarter, however, UA could not hold on as No. 6 seed Auburn took the 53-52 win in the second round of the Southeastern Conference Tournament on Thursday night inside the Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, S.C. The Crimson Tide (14-17) finishes its 2018-19 campaign, while the Tigers (22-8) will go on to face Texas A&M in the quarterfinals on Friday night. https://rolltide.com/news/2019/3/7/w...ournament.aspx

SO CLOSE! Had the game won until aubies played aggressive D and had some really bad turnovers in 4Q.

Re: Alabama Falls in Hard-Fought, 53-52, Loss Against Auburn in the Second Round of t

Bama fought hard last night. Was a nailbiter of a game. Pressure and FTs. Been a working formula for AU all season.

That should move Auburn firmly off the bubble. Been a good basketball season for us. Last time both the men and women went dancing before last year was 1988, and now they've likely done it two years running.
    Just a barner.

Confirms my school isn't listed

The scumbags! Death penalty for all the cheaters!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Alabama Falls in Hard-Fought, 53-52, Loss Against Auburn in the Second Round of t

I watched the last 5 or 6 minutes of the game. Looks like players in Crimson jerseys do the same things at the end of games, male or female. I should not be so harsh; looking at the records, Bama shouldn't have been in the game to begin with so they did well and had a chance.

ETA: Bama with 26 turnovers. UA 2-4 at free throw line; AU 14-17
    Last edited by day-day; March 8th, 2019 at 09:37 AM.

We talk about Avery's status as coach, but does anyone think Kristy should be worried? The previous two years she went 22-14 and 20-14 before going 14-16 this year. Has not gotten to .500 in the SEC (30-66 in six seasons) in a single season.

Why do the women only play 16 SEC games instead of 18 like the men?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    We talk about Avery's status as coach, but does anyone think Kristy should be worried? The previous two years she went 22-14 and 20-14 before going 14-16 this year. Has not gotten to .500 in the SEC (30-66 in six seasons) in a single season.
    Better question might be: Does anybody care? - the few games I've tuned into on SEC Network looks like 99% of Tide women hoops fans came to the game as empty seats. I mean, so bad that it seems attendance in triple figures is something they might first aspire to. And no, a la Avery, three years later seeing zero improvement in the woefully mediocre product 'Bama puts on the women's court, either.

Karma lives! aTm beat auburn by 2 points last night - despite not having their best player.

I'm still wondering why the women moved back into Coleman. Did they ever have an overflow crowd at Foster? If yes, more than once or twice? This team is still bad and will take a long time to overcome the Hudson era. In the meantime, Coach Curry should ask every team they play to wear Tennessee orange as they have, IIRC, a 5 game winning streak over the Vols, somehow.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

BamaNation All-American ReturnToGlory's Avatar

I don't think we've made an NCAA tournament in 20 years. It seems we've allowed winning programs to deteriorate in men's basketball, women's basketball, and baseball.