2019 Spring Practice Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Re: 2019 Spring Practice Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    Regarding Davis, it looks like he has shin splints
    I am not sure how a top conditioned athlete gets shin splints. I wish him well, but this is strange.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

FB|BB Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    A puzzling article. On the one hand, says Kaho is expected back at prqctice. On the other, it gives Saban's statement about not knowing when or if he'll be ready for football.

Whatever the young man is dealing with, I hope he conquers it, and gets to use his talents to the fullest. I'm just not sure his full concentration is on football and school.
    Last edited by 4Q Basket Case; March 9th, 2019 at 02:14 PM.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

A puzzling article. On the one hand, says Kaho is expected back at prqctice. On the other, it gives Saban's statement about not knowing when or if he'll be ready for football.

Whatever the young man is dealing with, I hope he conquers it, and gets to use his talents to the fullest. I'm just not sure his full concentration is on football and school.
    Maybe something changed for the better. I hope so.
    Last edited by 4Q Basket Case; March 9th, 2019 at 02:14 PM.

I took the use of Saban’s statement to give what little background to the story that could be given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I am not sure how a top conditioned athlete gets shin splints. I wish him well, but this is strange.
    Maybe he is trying harder?
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20354105

Medically known as medial tibial stress syndrome, shin splints often occur in athletes who have recently intensified or changed their training routines. The increased activity overworks the muscles, tendons and bone tissue.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by seebell View Post
    Maybe he is trying harder?
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20354105

Medically known as medial tibial stress syndrome, shin splints often occur in athletes who have recently intensified or changed their training routines. The increased activity overworks the muscles, tendons and bone tissue.
    he also added a lot of weight this offseason, so that can put a good bit of additional stress on the lower legs until they get used to it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Davis is looking more and more like a bust, strictly in terms of expectations.
    Last edited by deliveryman35; March 11th, 2019 at 09:24 PM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Davis is looking more and more like a bust, strictly in terms of expectations.
    relative to the expectations, I'd say he's already a 'bust'. He was the highest rated recruit in our 2016 signing class, ahead of Jonah, Mack, Quinnen, Jacobs and Irv Smith and he's not really even cracked the 2 deep.

There's still time for him to contribute, but with his ratings the expectation would have been for him to be a heavy special teams contributor in year one. I get the injury set him back, so then let's say a lot of ST work for him in year 2, and we are past season 3 and he's not so much as covered a punt or kickoff.

-- Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-American

Good. Hoping he wins the job next to Moses.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

I heard the white helmets with the blinking script A on the side are coming out this year.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tug Tide View Post
    I see as a fan base we’re already in mid season form.
    Page 1 and we have the QB1 question,
    Duron Carter reference, Jimmy Johns position change, and of course the depth chart challenge.

I love this place!!!!
    Rumor is that they are practing in white helmets with crimson stripe and numerals...