2019 Spring Practice Thread

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Dang I checked in for spring practice updates....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I know that I'm good and tired of relitigating the Clemson loss and more interested in what this team can do to be great. It's the off-season though and that was bad taste that will take some longer to wash out than others...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The loss to Clemson was a lesson in reality. Late last year there was talk that we could win 3 in a row. But the lesson is winning NC is very hard. We have been spoiled to win as many as possible.

The reality is we've got to regroup and plugg away and outwork everybody else again. CNS knows, but that doesn't always mean it'll happen.

But the good news is that CNS's teams that have a grudge are usually pretty motivated! :)

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
The board feels very different this year. Not as much buzz and excitement.
we've only had three practices and they are not even in full pads yet. i think once some of the scrimmages start happening and we see how some of the depth is developing there will be a lot more excitement.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I mean, there's always details to talk about but in the broader scheme of things we should still be blowing out everyone until late November with the offense we have. Coaching changes, new defense, the tale will really be told 9 months from now. So I'm just not jumping in deep for now. But I poke my head in and read the reports. Just dont care about the details as much this season-even though they are important.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
The board feels very different this year. Not as much buzz and excitement.
There is no QB competition. We have had one every year going back to 2014. People were even buzzing about Tua when he came in in the spring. That has changed the dynamic of this spring. People don't get as excited about who will be the new LT or DE. It's just not as flashy, but oh so important.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'll just hope that they're being cautious because he's a big part of the defense next year assuming he's healthy.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
The loss to Clemson was a lesson in reality. Late last year there was talk that we could win 3 in a row. But the lesson is winning NC is very hard. We have been spoiled to win as many as possible.

The reality is we've got to regroup and plugg away and outwork everybody else again. CNS knows, but that doesn't always mean it'll happen.

But the good news is that CNS's teams that have a grudge are usually pretty motivated! :)
If they came back with a bad taste in their mouth, anger and a hunger to win, that is a good thing

bamalee1

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 6, 2002
decatur ga , usa
i do not expect him to dress for the spring game- and will be non contact and limited till Duke week-- I expect Bama coaches do every thing possible to get this guy healthy in the NFL

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Any hints about the first scrimmage today?

nm - first scrimmage is next Saturday.

Last edited:

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
The update on Lewis is concerning. It could mean nothing if his recovery continues and he's full speed this summer, it could be a Hightower situation where he won't be full speed for another year. Only time will tell. As I said earlier the "buzz" has left the program, which is probably a good thing because getting back your MoJo is not something you can do with camera's in your face. These guys have to relearn how to play Alabama football.

It's also imperative that the staff develop younger players. Our roster at 2018 play level will not get to Atlanta much less get to the playoffs. In my opinion the season will hinge on turning the following bench warmers into high level contributors.

Any QB
Jerome Ford/Brian Robinson
Xavier Williams/Tyrell Shavers
Any TE
Chris Owens/Emil Ekiyor
Jobe/Wright/Armour-Davis
Barmore/Winn
Parks/McMillon/Moody/Anoma

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.