2019 Spring Practice Thread

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Womack is hurt, so we will likely not know the starting line until closer to the fall.
I know Saban has made the statement he is generally pleased the OL progress this fall. Said he was happy with how they have responded to Flood, the new OL coach.

A name to watch is Darrian Dalcourt, a freshman out of Baltimore. Of the offense lineman signed with this past class, he may be the most “play ready” of any of them.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Isn't Neal running with the 1s?
I know Saban has made the statement he is generally pleased the OL progress this fall. Said he was happy with how they have responded to Flood, the new OL coach.

A name to watch is Darrian Dalcourt, a freshman out of Baltimore. Of the offense lineman signed with this past class, he may be the most “play ready” of any of them.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Bama fans have lost a bit of swagger with how the season ended and then there's basketball drama.

We know that there is much work to be done if this team is going to reach a championship level of play this coming season.

The #1 QB position is locked down without question going into spring for the first time since 2013. That alone is reason for things to be more quiet than usual.

Not much is making its way off the practice field into the media this spring.

I'm hoping things are quiet because there is a focus on the process.
Well said!!! ;)

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Isn't Neal running with the 1s? [/B]
Don’t know about Neal. I don’t think Saban mentioned him. Saban did mention Dalcourt among those doing well. I’ve heard that, from a technique standpoint (scheme, footwork, body position, body usage, etc) he was a step ahead of Neal, Kight, and others.

Aaron Suttles mentioned last week they (staff) were really high on Dalcourt.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
yes, he has been at one of the guard spots. I think it's the best 5 mentality, although I'm not sure I see him as a natural guard.
One think is certain. There are a lot of teams out there that would have given their eye teeth to bring in a line class like this with the likes of Neal, Kight and Dalcourt (and I almost forgot Quick).

Last edited:

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
One think is certain. There are a lot of teams out there that would have given their eye teeth to bring in a line class like this with the likes of Neal, Kight and Dalcourt.
Yeah, the OL is just absolutely loaded. No excuses for the product to be less than dominating.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Finally some info. Counted 4 TDs in the report. If Jones had 1, as stated, I'm assuming Tua had the others or else there might have been a note about another backup QB throwing a TD.

Good news about Neal too!

Sounds like the offense might have "won" the scrimmage.
Being a true Tidefan, I am worried about out defense since we couldn't shut down our offense.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Being a true Tidefan, I am worried about out defense since we couldn't shut down our offense.
If the rumors are true, our first team defense hasn't been able to shut down Tua going all the way back to early in 2017.

But I understand your point in context.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Don’t know about Neal. I don’t think Saban mentioned him. Saban did mention Dalcourt among those doing well. I’ve heard that, from a technique standpoint (scheme, footwork, body position, body usage, etc) he was a step ahead of Neal, Kight, and others.

Aaron Suttles mentioned last week they (staff) were really high on Dalcourt.
Dalcourt is a good one but Neal will be special. The 1st team OL in the scrimmage was Leatherwood, Neal, Owens, Ekiyor, Wills. Ekiyor was at LG until Womack got hurt and moved to RG while Neal took the LG spot. Then we have Brown coming back from suspension and Womack coming back from injury. The competition is intense and we should have one of our better OL's come September.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The best bit of news in that clip to me was Anoma's performance. That's awesome to hear given his earlier frustrations.
Anoma needs to be a big factor this year for the defense to be successful. We can't trust that Lewis will be 100% honestly. Hoping for the best in that regard.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.