Tide Pride administrative fee for waiting list - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Re: Tide Pride Admistrate Fee for waiting list

Quote Originally Posted by GP for Bama View Post
    Y'all do know... these fees are supported by demand. Bama football and game experiences are definitely in high demand.
    In fact... the same story is playing out at almost every SEC school.
    That's great - but they're going to have a hard time getting butts in the seats when demand drops and all those who have been turned off by the blatant money grabs refuse to pay top dollar for a non-championship caliber product on the field. And those days will return at some point.

So yah, the AD can gouge away while everything is humming along - I suspect the creating a bed that will be unfunny to lie in later.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by DogPatch View Post
    Demand seems to be declining as prices increase.
    So much so that they are putting a new fee to be on the waiting list to weed out some people.....

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Overall, this thread is sad. I'm afraid of the long term consequences when fans as devoted as we see on this board are this turned off by what the University officials are doing and the direction the game day experience is going.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Re: Tide Pride administrative fee for waiting list

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    That's great - but they're going to have a hard time getting butts in the seats when demand drops and all those who have been turned off by the blatant money grabs refuse to pay top dollar for a non-championship caliber product on the field. And those days will return at some point.

So yah, the AD can gouge away while everything is humming along - I suspect the creating a bed that will be unfunny to lie in later.
    But thatís also assuming demand is high right now. Which it isnít if you compare the actual attendance (meaning the actual number of butts in seats and not tickets sold) to the prices on 2nd hand dealers. Iíve seen LSU and Auburn Tuesday drops under value for 50 yard line seats quiet regularly and seen a disturbing amount of empty seats that werenít the student section for those games.

I think it should be noted that this charge for the waiting list comes after the university told a bunch of Curry era TPers that they wouldnít have seats 2020 unless they pay 10k to move. And this university greed isnít just football, baseball requires you to pay a one time 10k donation to get season tickets. The university has killed a lot of things because of the almighty dollar... do you ever wonder why we hear so little about the RVers anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Overall, this thread is sad. I'm afraid of the long term consequences when fans as devoted as we see on this board are this turned off by what the University officials are doing and the direction the game day experience is going.
    Ultimately what is going to happen is when CNS leaves and we come back closer to earth many people are going to quit hanging onto to season tickets, and getting season tickets will be as easy as it was from Curry-Shula. By then the University wouldíve changed the experience to more of an NFL corporate atmosphere and wouldíve turned even more folks off. I think this cash grab is to get more money after some of their most devoted TPs told the University to eat their tickets after they came up with that 10k mandatory donation to keep their 30 year membership to TP.

BamaNation All-American GP for Bama's Avatar

I, also, hate paying these high tide pride fees. But I don't think the University will lower them as long as people are paying.

I, also, hate paying these high tide pride fees. But I don't think the University will lower them as long as people are paying.
    But they also realize that once CNS leaves they are facing Shula, Curry, and Dubose like demands. This whole thing is a cash grab, and just proves how greedy the university really is. Itís just a long list of cash grabs that the university has done in the last 8 years.

FWIW I donít particularly care about being a TP since I see no real need anymore, but the university has gotten extremely greedy and this is just one of the more minor things that they do that really chaps my butt. If I cared about TP then I would probably still not pay the 25 bucks and wait for a down era to get the tickets because I know there is a difference between paying 4-5 years of nothing and 1-2 years of nothing.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; March 9th, 2019 at 07:51 PM.

BamaNation All-American GP for Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    But they also realize that once CNS leaves they are facing Shula, Curry, and Dubose like demands. This whole thing is a cash grab, and just proves how greedy the university really is. It’s just a long list of cash grabs that the university has done in the last 8 years.

FWIW I don’t particularly care about being a TP since I see no real need anymore, but the university has gotten extremely greedy and this is just one of the more minor things that they do that really chaps my butt. If I cared about TP then I would probably still not pay the 25 bucks and wait for a down era to get the tickets because I know there is a difference between paying 4-5 years of nothing and 1-2 years of nothing.
    Almost all SEC teams ( and many Big 10) teams charge these same high fees for tickets.
    Bama 934-320-44 73.6% On the field

2018 SEC CHAMPS!

Almost all SEC teams ( and many Big 10) teams charge these same high fees for tickets.
    Yeah and they are just greedy as UA in making people who donít have tickets put money in the air hoping for something good to happen. If Iím going to pay for something I expect something not an invisible list that they claim my name is on and moving up with a donation.

But again this is a minor thing compared to all the other things the Fat Cats have been doing over the past 7-8 years. I might have a degree from UA, but Iím not one of those people that say , ď my university isnít greedyĒ people.

Iíve been a TP member since 1996. I was on my account the other day and noticed my TT points and my ranking. Iím right in the middle of the pack. I have 281 TT points and my donor rank is 8230 (out of 16,924).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

I have been in Tide Pride since 2011 but I did not re-new my two seats for this year. I just decided that it was something that I really didn't need to have. I was mainly tired of paying full price for games like Arkansas St, La-Monroe, UT-Chattanooga, Citadel, etc. and see people selling those tickets for $ 10.00 a piece or just giving them away. I will now pick and choose the games that I want to attend (like I did before I had Tide Pride season tickets) and just go to the SEC games and purchase tickets where I want to sit. The only time you pay more than face value anyway is for the UT, LSU, and AU games and sometimes not even that.

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

I think they're trying to set the table knowing that Coach Saban isn't going to be here much longer (relatively speaking) and get people off and new people on the list to see who's really committed. I'm hearing more stories like TiderMan's but am also hearing people say that they've been buying tickets so long they don't want to give them up even if it costs more so they begrudgingly pay the fees + ticket price increases.

Seems like it's almost a housing market bubble type of pricing, to me. One way they're addressing supply/demand is by reducing the number of available tickets by decreasing the seating capacity and enhancing features and services.

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out should CNS retire earlier or stay longer than his present contract anticipates.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

There is a day of reckoning coming. We've been insulated from it with Coach Saban, but its coming nonetheless.

When your massive renovation actually includes reducing seats by 5 - 10k, well, you should get the picture. The way things have gone with technology and tv broadcasting, it would not surprise me at all to see us struggle to fill a 90 or 95k stadium after Coach Saban retires.