Tide Pride administrative fee for waiting list - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Re: Tide Pride Admistrate Fee for waiting list

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    I kind of agree with the sentiments expressed in this thread.

Between Tide Pride, Concessions, Parking, Traffic ect...
    They have made it easier for me to stay home and watch the games on the big screen.

Attending Big time football games is becoming more and more
    a young man's game.
    (My young man's days are a distant memory)
    As long as there are enough people willing to jump through the monetary hoops then prices will continue to rise. They've priced me out of the market. It's cheaper for me to go to a MLB game than a SEC game.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation First Team

Pigs get fat, hogs get eat...….

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Re: Tide Pride administrative fee for waiting list

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    As long as there are enough people willing to jump through the monetary hoops then prices will continue to rise. They've priced me out of the market. It's cheaper for me to go to a MLB game than a SEC game.
    I use to live in Nebraska and went to many KC Royals games. $10 on Stubhub when the Yankees and Bosox came to town. In Atlanta itís almost $70 minimum for those games.

But the truth is by 2025-2030 you will see that the NFL was smart in reducing stadium sizes and the NCAA was stupid in making these massive stadiums. Technology in the entertainment industry will kill attendance ( which it already has in most places). I just think Alabama has done some very shady and greedy stuff in the past 6-8 years that has turned many of the more dedicated fans away. The RV crowd use to be one of the most loyal group in the dark days, but the Universityís new rules and charges on parking has all but eliminated them from the face of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    I use to live in Nebraska and went to many KC Royals games. $10 on Stubhub when the Yankees and Bosox came to town. In Atlanta it’s almost $70 minimum for those games.

But the truth is by 2025-2030 you will see that the NFL was smart in reducing stadium sizes and the NCAA was stupid in making these massive stadiums. Technology in the entertainment industry will kill attendance ( which it already has in most places). I just think Alabama has done some very shady and greedy stuff in the past 6-8 years that has turned many of the more dedicated fans away. The RV crowd use to be one of the most loyal group in the dark days, but the University’s new rules and charges on parking has all but eliminated them from the face of the earth.
    I took my wife and two of my older sons to a BoSox/Rangers game. Paid $40 a ticket for left field "home run" seats. I had enough "change" left over in my wallet we were able to frequent the concession stand a few times and get the boys some souvenirs without feeling like I'd been bent over a barrel.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

I use to live in Nebraska and went to many KC Royals games. $10 on Stubhub when the Yankees and Bosox came to town. In Atlanta itís almost $70 minimum for those games.

But the truth is by 2025-2030 you will see that the NFL was smart in reducing stadium sizes and the NCAA was stupid in making these massive stadiums. Technology in the entertainment industry will kill attendance ( which it already has in most places). I just think Alabama has done some very shady and greedy stuff in the past 6-8 years that has turned many of the more dedicated fans away. The RV crowd use to be one of the most loyal group in the dark days, but the Universityís new rules and charges on parking has all but eliminated them from the face of the earth.
    I took my wife and two of my older sons to a BoSox/Rangers game. Paid $40 a ticket for left field "home run" seats. I had enough "change" left over in my wallet we were able to frequent the concession stand a few times and get the boys some souvenirs without feeling like I'd been bent over a barrel.
    Canít really compare baseball and college football economics. Well you can but it doesnít make much sense. Thereís something like 80 home games for each baseball team and 7-8 home games for a college football team. Baseball is obviously going to be cheaper..

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Can’t really compare baseball and college football economics. Well you can but it doesn’t make much sense. There’s something like 80 home games for each baseball team and 7-8 home games for a college football team. Baseball is obviously going to be cheaper..
    I'm not. I'm comparing the price it takes for me to take my family. Regardless of the economics.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Canít really compare baseball and college football economics. Well you can but it doesnít make much sense. Thereís something like 80 home games for each baseball team and 7-8 home games for a college football team. Baseball is obviously going to be cheaper..
    It really depends on the team, but I think it was more of a side conversation about going to baseball games.

But if you want a real comparison compare the NFL season tickets to Tide Pride. It will blow you away at how much more expensive some of those jokers are.

It really depends on the team, but I think it was more of a side conversation about going to baseball games.

But if you want a real comparison compare the NFL season tickets to Tide Pride. It will blow you away at how much more expensive some of those jokers are.
    And more of a conversation about other, more affordable entertainment options for people and their family. Regardless of the economic differences, both are competing for "your" money. So if MLB can make it more affordable for my family to go to a game then MLB gets my money.

And more of a conversation about other, more affordable entertainment options for people and their family. Regardless of the economic differences, both are competing for "your" money. So if MLB can make it more affordable for my family to go to a game then MLB gets my money.
    True. Iím a lot less stressed out going to MLB games as well. The Braves/Royals losing while Iím there is a lot different than Alabama losing. cheaper and less stressful is a good combination.

BamaNation First Team

ive been on the waiting list for 10 years now and got the email the other day. im really debating about the 25$ fee. to me its bogus that they are asking for a fee to be on the wait list. Ive been on it and I put my daughter on the list couple years ago. I think I will stick with going to 1 good game a year. I dont think its worth the hassle driving from south carolina to bama 7 times a year. rtr
    RTR! GO CCU!

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by GP for Bama View Post
    Y'all do know... these fees are supported by demand. Bama football and game experiences are definitely in high demand.
    In fact... the same story is playing out at almost every SEC school.
    How much of that demand is ticket buying web portals and brokers, though? Who cares about the actual people in the seats, right?

Man, I hate to say it, because I love the sport and I will always love U of A as my alma mater, but it's a tough place now for the average man just walking around. It's a student's place, or it's a place for monied interests. We wanted it, though, and it's what we got.

BamaNation Second Team

True. I’m a lot less stressed out going to MLB games as well. The Braves/Royals losing while I’m there is a lot different than Alabama losing. cheaper and less stressful is a good combination.
    Took my whole family to see the Braves twice last year, when the Dodgers were in town (always been an LA fan), and we went to two games and had just as good of a time, and decent seats, for the cost of the 4 of us attending 1 Alabama game against Missouri. Missouri.

It's not comparing apples and apples to talk about baseball versus SEC football, though, so I'll end the comparison there. More like apples and paper staplers.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    There is a day of reckoning coming. We've been insulated from it with Coach Saban, but its coming nonetheless.

When your massive renovation actually includes reducing seats by 5 - 10k, well, you should get the picture. The way things have gone with technology and tv broadcasting, it would not surprise me at all to see us struggle to fill a 90 or 95k stadium after Coach Saban retires.
    You are dead on correct. The school is certainly trying to "make hay while the sun is shining", and I don't know that we should blame them. There will come a day when the team is more mediocre, and it will be harder to get the money out of people. God forbid if that should also happen around the same time as a significant economic recession. it just happened that the 2008-2009 recession happened at the same time that Saban was cranking up a sleeping giant, so it was missed. Will U of A be so fortunate next time we have a recession?