Tide Pride administrative fee for waiting list

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'm not. I'm comparing the price it takes for me to take my family. Regardless of the economics.
Right, but you’re comparing in a vacuum. Baseball is cheaper because there’s 10x as many opportunities to go to a baseball game. I get what you’re saying and I’d also rather take the family to a baseball game than a college football game at this point but I also realize that the baseball game is practically meaningless. With a football game there could be a play or moment that changes or defines the season. You’re just not going to get that excitement with baseball..

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Right, but you’re comparing in a vacuum. Baseball is cheaper because there’s 10x as many opportunities to go to a baseball game. I get what you’re saying and I’d also rather take the family to a baseball game than a college football game at this point but I also realize that the baseball game is practically meaningless. With a football game there could be a play or moment that changes or defines the season. You’re just not going to get that excitement with baseball..

Go to a Cards, Sox, or Yankees game at their place and you will think you are at a Bama game. Being at Turner field in the 90’s to early 2000’s was rocking

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The point of the example wasn't to compare on an equal basis WHY baseball is cheaper than football. From a consumer's standpoint it doesn't matter why. What matters is I can comfortably afford taking most of my family to a MLB game compared to a college football game and still have a wonderful time with my family (which is the most important thing for me). The discussion you're talking about is for a college economics class.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I don't know if all of this happened with the arrival of CNS, but the University is nowhere near the same school it was before he came to Tuscaloosa. Enrollment has exploded, especially with out of state enrollment. Construction not just to athetic venues, but campus wide has exploded. We seemed to have moved from a rather small, sleepy, southern college to a major, cutting edge research, world class university, all in twelve years. None of this has to do with the cost of being a TP member, but it does reflect where the University and its athletic programs are headed in the future.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't know if all of this happened with the arrival of CNS, but the University is nowhere near the same school it was before he came to Tuscaloosa. Enrollment has exploded, especially with out of state enrollment. Construction not just to athetic venues, but campus wide has exploded. We seemed to have moved from a rather small, sleepy, southern college to a major, cutting edge research, world class university, all in twelve years. None of this has to do with the cost of being a TP member, but it does reflect where the University and its athletic programs are headed in the future.
Robert Witt started it. Nick Saban's success made it move faster.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Took my whole family to see the Braves twice last year, when the Dodgers were in town (always been an LA fan), and we went to two games and had just as good of a time, and decent seats, for the cost of the 4 of us attending 1 Alabama game against Missouri. Missouri.
There's no doubt if you take being a fan out of the equation, and you just want to be entertained, you can get a better return on your dollar.

That aside, it's Alabama football. It's darn sure not a Braves game, and if the Braves matter just as much to you then I, as a Braves fan mind you, am a bit different...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
There's no doubt if you take being a fan out of the equation, and you just want to be entertained, you can get a better return on your dollar.

That aside, it's Alabama football. It's darn sure not a Braves game, and if the Braves matter just as much to you then I, as a Braves fan mind you, am a bit different...

What I was getting at with the Missouri game is “which one?”

1) @ MO
2) SECCG
3) vs MO

#2 was expensive for obvious reasons. But the difference between #1 and #3 is Missouri doesn’t price gouge the hell out of you like Alabama. Parking was free, t shirts were decent prices, and you don’t pay 14 bucks for a hotdog and souvenir coke. Going to a game at Missouri even if is against Bama is probably as cheap as a Middle of the road MLB team.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm not going to try to predict what will happen in the future, but as someone who can afford to pay for season tickets, I'm at the point I'm unwilling to as the costs of the entire experience simply aren't worth it to me. And honestly, I'm put off enough by the cash grab that I can't imagine I'll ever buy season tickets, even when the inevitable happens and interest fans off.

I feel like they've taken some of the fun out of the gamely experience by cashing in on every possible avenue.

That's simply my perspective.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
I'm not going to try to predict what will happen in the future, but as someone who can afford to pay for season tickets, I'm at the point I'm unwilling to as the costs of the entire experience simply aren't worth it to me. And honestly, I'm put off enough by the cash grab that I can't imagine I'll ever buy season tickets, even when the inevitable happens and interest fans off.

I feel like they've taken some of the fun out of the gamely experience by cashing in on every possible avenue.

I've had season tix for over 20 years. I'm mainly keeping them now because I will have a kid starting school there in fall 2020. Once she graduates, I will re-evaluate. Odds are, I'll opt out then. The price of having season tix is just exorbitant now. It's easier to get single game tickets and I will just cherry pick the ones I want. I'm just no longer interested in paying what I pay to see schedules dominated by New Mexico, Southern Miss and Western Carolina.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

This is me also. Having friends in Tuscaloosa we avoid the lodging cost allowing us to spend more on tickets in a better location. A meal or two and gas plus the cost of the tickets makes attending a home game more desirable.

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
I have had season tickets for the last 20 years and I have been pondering the idea of giving mine up. Then again I think maybe i won't be able to get any more.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
My wife is a Jax State grad and we go to all of their home games and try to make a couple road games each year. We have a great time and probably spend less for the year than some people do for one game in Tuscaloosa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Just a question. I've had my tickets since 2000, and I do have really good seats (low but really good). I've been selling the tickets I don't use online for years. The little games you have to get rid of early. I try to decide if I'm going to any little games, and if not I sell them before the season. Do most of you not have any luck selling online, on StubHub, here, etc...? Just curious. I've been able to keep my 4 seats for almost 20 years only because I have had such great experience selling what I can't use.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Just a question. I've had my tickets since 2000, and I do have really good seats (low but really good). I've been selling the tickets I don't use online for years. The little games you have to get rid of early. I try to decide if I'm going to any little games, and if not I sell them before the season. Do most of you not have any luck selling online, on StubHub, here, etc...? Just curious. I've been able to keep my 4 seats for almost 20 years only because I have had such great experience selling what I can't use.
That's what I've done as well; but, for the past few years, it's becoming harder and harder to sell the East Popcorn State tickets at face value. I've had to start dropping the price pretty drastically just to get rid of them. And I'm as philanthropic as the next guy; but I don't really work my tail off to be able to buy the tickets only to have to basically give them away if I can't go.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
That's what I've done as well; but, for the past few years, it's becoming harder and harder to sell the East Popcorn State tickets at face value. I've had to start dropping the price pretty drastically just to get rid of them. And I'm as philanthropic as the next guy; but I don't really work my tail off to be able to buy the tickets only to have to basically give them away if I can't go.
If you're having to deal with the bad taste of taking a monetary loss on these type tickets. You may want to try donating the tickets for the "East popcorn St" games to a local youth organization or something like that. That way you remove the "business side" of it and you can lay your head down at night knowing you may have provided a kid with an experience that he'd otherwise not have. Just a thought.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
The last year I had season tickets, there were 3 games that I couldn't give away the tickets for free.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.