Tide Pride administrative fee for waiting list - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Re: Tide Pride administrative fee for waiting list

Quote Originally Posted by jashleyren2 View Post
    Took my whole family to see the Braves twice last year, when the Dodgers were in town (always been an LA fan), and we went to two games and had just as good of a time, and decent seats, for the cost of the 4 of us attending 1 Alabama game against Missouri. Missouri.

It's not comparing apples and apples to talk about baseball versus SEC football, though, so I'll end the comparison there. More like apples and paper staplers.
    Which Missouri game? Iíve been to all 3 since 2012 and they all 3 varied in price because they were in 3 different venues.

I think my view on mlb baseball is from an expectant loser. Both of my teams either choke or never get passed Go so itís no big deal if they win or lose. I was blown away when KC won it over the Mets but it never changed my expectations. So think of me like a Vandy fan when it comes to baseball. Iíve seen Cards, Dodgers, Giants, Sox, and Yankees fans get piping mad when they lose a Tuesday game preventing a 10-0 stretch. Itís just not me, itís more about relaxing and having a good time.

FWIW I was at the Dodgers- Braves series as well last year.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I'm not. I'm comparing the price it takes for me to take my family. Regardless of the economics.
    Right, but youíre comparing in a vacuum. Baseball is cheaper because thereís 10x as many opportunities to go to a baseball game. I get what youíre saying and Iíd also rather take the family to a baseball game than a college football game at this point but I also realize that the baseball game is practically meaningless. With a football game there could be a play or moment that changes or defines the season. Youíre just not going to get that excitement with baseball..

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Right, but youíre comparing in a vacuum. Baseball is cheaper because thereís 10x as many opportunities to go to a baseball game. I get what youíre saying and Iíd also rather take the family to a baseball game than a college football game at this point but I also realize that the baseball game is practically meaningless. With a football game there could be a play or moment that changes or defines the season. Youíre just not going to get that excitement with baseball..

Go to a Cards, Sox, or Yankees game at their place and you will think you are at a Bama game. Being at Turner field in the 90ís to early 2000ís was rocking

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Right, but you’re comparing in a vacuum. Baseball is cheaper because there’s 10x as many opportunities to go to a baseball game. I get what you’re saying and I’d also rather take the family to a baseball game than a college football game at this point but I also realize that the baseball game is practically meaningless. With a football game there could be a play or moment that changes or defines the season. You’re just not going to get that excitement with baseball..
    The point of the example wasn't to compare on an equal basis WHY baseball is cheaper than football. From a consumer's standpoint it doesn't matter why. What matters is I can comfortably afford taking most of my family to a MLB game compared to a college football game and still have a wonderful time with my family (which is the most important thing for me). The discussion you're talking about is for a college economics class.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Go to a Cards, Sox, or Yankees game at their place and you will think you are at a Bama game. Being at Turner field in the 90’s to early 2000’s was rocking
    I went to watch the BoSox play the Rangers last season and those Sox fans are a "lively" bunch! LOL! Even in early May!
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

I don't know if all of this happened with the arrival of CNS, but the University is nowhere near the same school it was before he came to Tuscaloosa. Enrollment has exploded, especially with out of state enrollment. Construction not just to athetic venues, but campus wide has exploded. We seemed to have moved from a rather small, sleepy, southern college to a major, cutting edge research, world class university, all in twelve years. None of this has to do with the cost of being a TP member, but it does reflect where the University and its athletic programs are headed in the future.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    I don't know if all of this happened with the arrival of CNS, but the University is nowhere near the same school it was before he came to Tuscaloosa. Enrollment has exploded, especially with out of state enrollment. Construction not just to athetic venues, but campus wide has exploded. We seemed to have moved from a rather small, sleepy, southern college to a major, cutting edge research, world class university, all in twelve years. None of this has to do with the cost of being a TP member, but it does reflect where the University and its athletic programs are headed in the future.
    Robert Witt started it. Nick Saban's success made it move faster.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by jashleyren2 View Post
    Took my whole family to see the Braves twice last year, when the Dodgers were in town (always been an LA fan), and we went to two games and had just as good of a time, and decent seats, for the cost of the 4 of us attending 1 Alabama game against Missouri. Missouri.
    There's no doubt if you take being a fan out of the equation, and you just want to be entertained, you can get a better return on your dollar.

That aside, it's Alabama football. It's darn sure not a Braves game, and if the Braves matter just as much to you then I, as a Braves fan mind you, am a bit different...
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    There's no doubt if you take being a fan out of the equation, and you just want to be entertained, you can get a better return on your dollar.

That aside, it's Alabama football. It's darn sure not a Braves game, and if the Braves matter just as much to you then I, as a Braves fan mind you, am a bit different...

What I was getting at with the Missouri game is ďwhich one?Ē

1) @ MO
    2) SECCG
    3) vs MO

#2 was expensive for obvious reasons. But the difference between #1 and #3 is Missouri doesnít price gouge the hell out of you like Alabama. Parking was free, t shirts were decent prices, and you donít pay 14 bucks for a hotdog and souvenir coke. Going to a game at Missouri even if is against Bama is probably as cheap as a Middle of the road MLB team.

I'm not going to try to predict what will happen in the future, but as someone who can afford to pay for season tickets, I'm at the point I'm unwilling to as the costs of the entire experience simply aren't worth it to me. And honestly, I'm put off enough by the cash grab that I can't imagine I'll ever buy season tickets, even when the inevitable happens and interest fans off.

I feel like they've taken some of the fun out of the gamely experience by cashing in on every possible avenue.

That's simply my perspective.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Second Team DogPatch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I feel like they've taken some of the fun out of the gamely experience by cashing in on every possible avenue.
    It's like Disney on steroids.

I'm not going to try to predict what will happen in the future, but as someone who can afford to pay for season tickets, I'm at the point I'm unwilling to as the costs of the entire experience simply aren't worth it to me. And honestly, I'm put off enough by the cash grab that I can't imagine I'll ever buy season tickets, even when the inevitable happens and interest fans off.

I've had season tix for over 20 years. I'm mainly keeping them now because I will have a kid starting school there in fall 2020. Once she graduates, I will re-evaluate. Odds are, I'll opt out then. The price of having season tix is just exorbitant now. It's easier to get single game tickets and I will just cherry pick the ones I want. I'm just no longer interested in paying what I pay to see schedules dominated by New Mexico, Southern Miss and Western Carolina.
    RTR

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

This is me also. Having friends in Tuscaloosa we avoid the lodging cost allowing us to spend more on tickets in a better location. A meal or two and gas plus the cost of the tickets makes attending a home game more desirable.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner