Tide Pride administrative fee for waiting list - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Re: Tide Pride administrative fee for waiting list

I have had season tickets for the last 20 years and I have been pondering the idea of giving mine up. Then again I think maybe i won't be able to get any more.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    " I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE."

GEORGE BLANDA
    in talking about Coach Paul Bryant

Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.

BamaNation Second Team DogPatch's Avatar

Given the cost and seating options, faculty/staff tickets aren't worth the money.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

My wife is a Jax State grad and we go to all of their home games and try to make a couple road games each year. We have a great time and probably spend less for the year than some people do for one game in Tuscaloosa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    My wife is a Jax State grad and we go to all of their home games and try to make a couple road games each year. We have a great time and probably spend less for the year than some people do for one game in Tuscaloosa.
    That does not surprise me in the least.

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar

Just a question. I've had my tickets since 2000, and I do have really good seats (low but really good). I've been selling the tickets I don't use online for years. The little games you have to get rid of early. I try to decide if I'm going to any little games, and if not I sell them before the season. Do most of you not have any luck selling online, on StubHub, here, etc...? Just curious. I've been able to keep my 4 seats for almost 20 years only because I have had such great experience selling what I can't use.

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEnGA View Post
    Just a question. I've had my tickets since 2000, and I do have really good seats (low but really good). I've been selling the tickets I don't use online for years. The little games you have to get rid of early. I try to decide if I'm going to any little games, and if not I sell them before the season. Do most of you not have any luck selling online, on StubHub, here, etc...? Just curious. I've been able to keep my 4 seats for almost 20 years only because I have had such great experience selling what I can't use.
    That's what I've done as well; but, for the past few years, it's becoming harder and harder to sell the East Popcorn State tickets at face value. I've had to start dropping the price pretty drastically just to get rid of them. And I'm as philanthropic as the next guy; but I don't really work my tail off to be able to buy the tickets only to have to basically give them away if I can't go.
    RTR

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by trenda View Post
    That's what I've done as well; but, for the past few years, it's becoming harder and harder to sell the East Popcorn State tickets at face value. I've had to start dropping the price pretty drastically just to get rid of them. And I'm as philanthropic as the next guy; but I don't really work my tail off to be able to buy the tickets only to have to basically give them away if I can't go.
    If you're having to deal with the bad taste of taking a monetary loss on these type tickets. You may want to try donating the tickets for the "East popcorn St" games to a local youth organization or something like that. That way you remove the "business side" of it and you can lay your head down at night knowing you may have provided a kid with an experience that he'd otherwise not have. Just a thought.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by trenda View Post
    The last year I had season tickets, there were 3 games that I couldn't give away the tickets for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    If you're having to deal with the bad taste of taking a monetary loss on these type tickets. You may want to try donating the tickets for the "East popcorn St" games to a local youth organization or something like that. That way you remove the "business side" of it and you can lay your head down at night knowing you may have provided a kid with an experience that he'd otherwise not have. Just a thought.
    That's a great idea! Will look into that. In that context, I have no problem giving them away; but selling them for $10-15 after paying full price is just sad.
    RTR

Quote Originally Posted by DogPatch View Post
    The last year I had season tickets, there were 3 games that I couldn't give away the tickets for free.

I hear ya! I've had a couple of instances where I could not sell nor find any friends/relatives to take them. My seats are in the upper deck, which apparently is not good enough to pay face value for to some folks.
    RTR

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I have had the same experience in the last few years. I sold my 3 tickets for the Arkansas St. game last year on eBay and only got about $70 where face value was about $45. The AD has a program that allows TP members to donate their tickets back to the AD. I think they then distribute these tickets to veterans and/or local kids. I started to do that with The Citadel game last year, and will plan on doing that for the games I can't make moving forward. All you have to do is to login to your TP account and you can donate the tickets from there.
    "If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them." - As Candidus in the Boston Gazette, January 20, 1772

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot30 View Post
    I have had the same experience in the last few years. I sold my 3 tickets for the Arkansas St. game last year on eBay and only got about $70 where face value was about $45. The AD has a program that allows TP members to donate their tickets back to the AD. I think they then distribute these tickets to veterans and/or local kids. I started to do that with The Citadel game last year, and will plan on doing that for the games I can't make moving forward. All you have to do is to login to your TP account and you can donate the tickets from there.
    I really wish that we'd embrace something in this country closer to what at least some European soccer teams do. The name on your ID has to match the name on the tickets. If you can't use the tickets, you can sell them back to the club for half of face value. They club then opens those tickets up for sale to fans as single game tickets. This (theoretically) would allow the university to maintain its revenue stream by making additional money on single game tickets, lower ticket prices to season ticket holders (not likely, but you could if you're recouping cost from resells), and cuts out third party brokers. I really have never seen a negative to this model...

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RKel32 View Post
    I really wish that we'd embrace something in this country closer to what at least some European soccer teams do. The name on your ID has to match the name on the tickets. If you can't use the tickets, you can sell them back to the club for half of face value. They club then opens those tickets up for sale to fans as single game tickets. This (theoretically) would allow the university to maintain its revenue stream by making additional money on single game tickets, lower ticket prices to season ticket holders (not likely, but you could if you're recouping cost from resells), and cuts out third party brokers. I really have never seen a negative to this model...
    The biggest problem with that is that when you break it down, selling your ticket back will lose you money. Lets say face value is 75 bucks for a LSU game. A tide prider is actually paying close to 100-120 with the mandatory donation tagged onto the ticket. There is no way the university is going to give away donation money. It is better for you to sell your tickets on stub hub( or any other site).
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal