Tide Pride administrative fee for waiting list - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Re: Tide Pride administrative fee for waiting list

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Then you best hope they find the cure for greed before the down times hit again because they are going to find out how loyal a starving dog is real quick.
    Here's what confuses me. Each time Alabama does something with the money that greed produces, we applaud it. Some nice shiny new facility, or something done to gain an advantage, we're all for it. And, believe me, Alabama spends most of that 140 million on the athletic department itself.

But, it's greed when they are taking the money in...

We can't have it both ways. We want the nice shiny fancy stuff, we want to literally outspend the competition, we have to, you know, outspend the competition. And, as I've outlined since we don't have the billionaire boosters with limitless resources, a big chunk of that does in fact have to come from us. If we support the program less, the program will do less, it's as simple as that.
    Last edited by KrAzY3; March 19th, 2019 at 05:11 PM.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    Here's what confuses me. Each time Alabama does something with the money that greed produces, we applaud it. Some nice shiny new facility, or something done to gain an advantage, we're all for it. And, believe me, Alabama spends most of that 140 million on the athletic department itself.

But, it's greed when they are taking the money in...

We can't have it both ways. We want the nice shiny fancy stuff, we want to literally outspend the competition, we have to, you know, outspend the competition. And, as I've outlined since we don't have the billionaire boosters with limitless resources, a big chunk of that does in fact have to come from us. If we support the program less, the program will do less, it's as simple as that.
    Nope not anywhere close to what Iím talking about. But if you want to bow down to the great fat elephant that takes your wallet when you are bowing then fine by me, but some of us that go to every game and spend countless dollars are just getting tired of getting kicked in the stomach by greedy cash grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    At the end of the day, this does not bother me because this is a luxury. People can gouge me for my luxuries all they want. I have the ability to walk away at no loss to myself or my family. We have bigger problems with greed in this world - real problems that hurt everyone.
    Yes this is true, but again we are in a time where ďactualĒ attendance is dropping due to the advancement of entertainment technology. At some point you need to consider that most of your TP folks are Stallings, Dubose, and Shula era folks who have paid countless 100ís of thousands of dollars to finally see a dominate run, and you keep price gouging and price gouging because they are loyal and committed due to a large part because they went through many years of bad to mediocre teams to see this. When we go back to a 10 win at best team do you think they are going to be more or less committed to pay these price gouging prices?

Nope not anywhere close to what I’m talking about. But if you want to bow down to the great fat elephant that takes your wallet when you are bowing then fine by me, but some of us that go to every game and spend countless dollars are just getting tired of getting kicked in the stomach by greedy cash grabs.
    You can't have it both ways. You can't have state of the art, top of the line facilities and the best people in the business working for the Alabama football program, and not pay for it! Are they greedy? Sure but it's the same greed that most us fans have, we're greedy for success, they're greedy for success, and that's paid for with money. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch, Alabama football is what it is because it's funded as well as it is.

If you think paying for that is the same as getting kicked in the stomach, I think you're missing the big picture. There are no billionaire boosters to pay for everything while we enjoy the game from $5 seats, and if they sold seats for $5, there would be hundreds of thousands of people ready to pay for that but who missed out because the ticket sold out.

I'm not claiming the system is perfect, but it's supply and demand and that demand is supplying the football program with the resources it needs to stay ahead of other programs. You don't want to pay for it, don't, but remember that your money is the same color as the booster's money...
    Last edited by KrAzY3; March 19th, 2019 at 05:26 PM.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

You can't have it both ways. You can't have state of the art, top of the line facilities and the best people in the business working for the Alabama football program, and not pay for it! Are they greedy? Sure but it's the same greed that most us fans have, we're greedy for success, they're greedy for success, and that's paid for with money.

If you think paying for that is the same as getting kicked in the stomach, I think you're missing the big picture. There are no billionaire boosters to pay for everything while we enjoy the game from $5 seats, and if they sold seats for $5, there'd be hundreds of thousands of people ready to pay for that but who missed out because the ticket sold out.

I'm not claiming the system is perfect, but it's supply and demand and that demand is supplying the football program with the resources it needs to stay ahead of other programs. You don't want to pay for it, don't, but remember that your money is the color as the booster's money...
    Again not what Iím talking about greed wise, so yes in this sense I can have it both ways.

Again not what I’m talking about greed wise, so yes in this sense I can have it both ways.
    Every post from you I've seen complaining here (nothing personal mind you, just discussing the topic) seemed to have to do with being charged for things and your interpretation of that as greed.

What else are you talking about then if not paying money (directly or indirectly) to the Alabama athletic department?

I'll add that I'm on the waiting list, and I got the same email as everyone else. But it's only happening because there's a waiting list, and I surmise the surcharge is part of their funding push for the upcoming $600,000,000 in new facilities (some of which Alabama fans have been calling for, for a long time).

Every post from you I've seen complaining here (nothing personal mind you, just discussing the topic) seemed to have to do with being charged for things and your interpretation of that as greed.

What else are you talking about then if not paying money (directly or indirectly) to the Alabama athletic department?

I'll add that I'm on the waiting list, and I got the same email as everyone else. But it's only happening because there's a waiting list, and I surmise the surcharge is part of their funding push for the upcoming $600,000,000 in new facilities (some of which Alabama fans have been calling for, for a long time).
    Well stay on the waiting list if it makes you feel more involved and like you are contributing to the cause. and good for you ( i really mean that).

Iíve just got to the point where Iíve seen UA for what it is, and Iím seriously thinking about the day when my basement is better than going to a game in Tuscaloosa. Iíve seen the Universityís bullying, greedy, and monopoly tactics for every game in the past 6 years, and it gets worse every year. If you want specifics PM me, but letís just say you and I see a different University of Alabama and probably leave it at that
    Last edited by 81usaf92; March 19th, 2019 at 05:46 PM.

BamaNation All-American GP for Bama's Avatar

FYI.... I'm pretty sure the waiting list is in order of Tide Pride points and then time on the waiting list. If you can buy season tickets to some low priced sport such as softball or gymnastics you will acquire Tide Pride points. Also donating $100 will get you 3 Tide Pride points. Just a few points will move you way up on the football waiting list.
    Bama 934-320-44 73.6% On the field

2018 SEC CHAMPS!

BamaNation First Team

When we go back to a 10 win at best team do you think they are going to be more or less committed to pay these price gouging prices?
    Particularly with the majority of the student body being from out-of-state now. When they go back home to California, Indiana, or Ohio, will they really donate that amount of money and spend thousands more to come back for games?

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    At the end of the day, this does not bother me because this is a luxury. People can gouge me for my luxuries all they want. I have the ability to walk away at no loss to myself or my family. We have bigger problems with greed in this world - real problems that hurt everyone.
    This^^^. Attending any live sporting event is a luxury. You are the only one who knows if it is a luxury that you can or cannot afford. It has always been about the haves and the have nots, always will be a fact of life. When I was younger and BC (before children) my wife and I had disposable income enough to spend the weekend in Tuscaloosa or B'ham and go to a game. Life changes and priorities change. We are now at the point that we can afford to spend more on luxuries if we choose and I am fine attending one home game a year and watching the rest on TV in the comfort of my home. If people want to belong to TP and pay for their enjoyment that is up to them, but nothing is going to change the fact that if you want to be in TP it is going to cost you, and the cost is not going down.
    Last edited by GrayTide; March 20th, 2019 at 05:45 AM.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by GP for Bama View Post
    FYI.... I'm pretty sure the waiting list is in order of Tide Pride points and then time on the waiting list. If you can buy season tickets to some low priced sport such as softball or gymnastics you will acquire Tide Pride points. Also donating $100 will get you 3 Tide Pride points. Just a few points will move you way up on the football waiting list.
    Last time I checked softball had a waiting list as well.

But yes moving up is based on time and points. The difference here is that instead of making it an option to donate to move up they are forcing you to.

BamaNation Second Team DogPatch's Avatar

Last time I checked softball had a waiting list as well.
    Wow, had no idea. The last softball game I worked only had about 200 fans there, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by DogPatch View Post
    Wow, had no idea. The last softball game I worked only had about 200 fans there, maybe.
    I looked awhile ago and all season tickets were sold out except the brickyard.