Tide Pride administrative fee for waiting list - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Re: Tide Pride administrative fee for waiting list

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Last time I checked softball had a waiting list as well.

But yes moving up is based on time and points. The difference here is that instead of making it an option to donate to move up they are forcing you to.
    What's the difference?

I mean at the end of the day we're talking about something with a waiting list. The idea that you have to pay more, and yes support the program more, to move up that list is absolutely logical. It doesn't mean I can afford it, but who am I to complain about someone moving ahead of me in line who is more capable of supporting the program?

At the end of the day, I still haven't seen anything that indicated they were doing anything other than looking after the interests of the program. If I have a fiduciary responsibility to manage someone's funds, I'm at fault if I don't do my best to get them the maximum returns. Isn't it the same here? If they have certain assets belonging to the athletic department, like tickets, don't they have a responsibility to get the most out of that for the athletic department?

I get frustration on an individual basis, that some people might be priced out of tickets (though A-Day is always free and since the expansion has always had empty seats), and I'd agree that not everything is done in the best possible way (always room for improvement) but part of what I keep going back to is I'm not aware of the athletic department's parking lot being full of Italian sports cars. The people being paid a lot are highly competent individuals, I'm not aware of a lot of greed in the sense of misuse of funds. The money from what I can tell goes to do things for the athletic department. That's the right kind of greed...
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    What's the difference?

I mean at the end of the day we're talking about something with a waiting list. The idea that you have to pay more, and yes support the program more, to move up that list is absolutely logical. It doesn't mean I can afford it, but who am I to complain about someone moving ahead of me in line who is more capable of supporting the program?

At the end of the day, I still haven't seen anything that indicated they were doing anything other than looking after the interests of the program. If I have a fiduciary responsibility to manage someone's funds, I'm at fault if I don't do my best to get them the maximum returns. Isn't it the same here? If they have certain assets belonging to the athletic department, like tickets, don't they have a responsibility to get the most out of that for the athletic department?

I get frustration on an individual basis, that some people might be priced out of tickets (though A-Day is always free and since the expansion has always had empty seats), and I'd agree that not everything is done in the best possible way (always room for improvement) but part of what I keep going back to is I'm not aware of the athletic department's parking lot being full of Italian sports cars. The people being paid a lot are highly competent individuals, I'm not aware of a lot of greed in the sense of misuse of funds. The money from what I can tell goes to do things for the athletic department. That's the right kind of greed...
    Again if thatís your justification and your decision then good on you. Thatís your choice. Iím just 1) at the end of my days going so itís not worth going and 2) I feel like itís just sticking money up an elephantís rear and hoping for something good and I see no use for paying a cent to be on the waiting list.

As for greed... again it has a lot more than price gouging tickets and cokes.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; March 20th, 2019 at 10:01 AM.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    It takes a lot of money beyond ticket sales and TP fees to field the programs we do, and football subsidizes all of the others. Basketball used to at least break even, but I don't think it does so anymore, and if we fire Johnson, it definitely won't. So while I see your point, I think you're being a bit tough.

Put yourself in Greg Byrne's shoes for a moment.....given that the athletic department as a whole doesn't make a huge profit every year, and what little there is gets plowed back into facilities (mostly football), where would you cut in order to offset the loss of revenue from ancillary charges, and keep us in good graces with Title IX, and maintain the level of on-field performance we all want in all sports?

Your last three sentences, though, raise a most interesting question, and one that I've wondered about for some time. The answer will be largely dependent on the ability of the next football coach to maintain the current level of performance, or at least be close. Which won't be easy. The fee to stay in line for TP tickets may not be much money, but it's the kind of thing that really gets under people's skin, and they remember it far more than the dollars would indicate.

So while they may be able to get away with it now, I do think money-for-nothing charges like that will come back to haunt the athletic department.
    I'm pretty sure basketball has always made money even during the lean years of xCAG.

One may think the SEC would rise above competing conferences when it comes to fans turning out on Saturdays, however, statistics showed that every Power 5 conference, sans the ACC, saw attendance decline in 2018.

For the seventh time in eight years, numbers dipped. College football attendance has now sunk to its lowest mark in 22 years. The average college football attendance last season was 41,856 among all 129 FBS programs, the least it has been since 1996.

Of 2017ís 30 top programs in terms of attendance, 20 of them either saw no change or witnessed a drop in 2018. Two SEC schools, Florida and South Carolina, were among the programís hit hardest by decrease in attendance. Even Clemson, which was crowned national champions last season, was down roughly 370 fans per game, according to the NCAA.

https://ugawire.usatoday.com/2019/03...-uga-football/
    Logic gets you from A to Z while curiosity takes you everywhere else.

BamaNation All-American

Did any other Tide Pride members receive an invitation to buy extra Century Club seats in various upper deck locations? I have to wonder if ticket demand is already declining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    Did any other Tide Pride members receive an invitation to buy extra Century Club seats in various upper deck locations? I have to wonder if ticket demand is already declining.
    I also received that email. Couldn't help but chuckle as we're considering giving up at least two, if not all four, of our seats and here they are wanting me to purchase additional season tix. That's not going to happen. The offer causes me to think that a great number of people elected not to pay the fee to remain on the list and, therefore, the decade(s) long list has been severely pared. There would seem to be opportunities for all of you that complain about the lack of ticket availability specifically, and TP-ers in general, to get off that soapbox and join us in BDS on gamedays.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edwd58 View Post
    I also received that email. Couldn't help but chuckle as we're considering giving up at least two, if not all four, of our seats and here they are wanting me to purchase additional season tix. That's not going to happen. The offer causes me to think that a great number of people elected not to pay the fee to remain on the list and, therefore, the decade(s) long list has been severely pared. There would seem to be opportunities for all of you that complain about the lack of ticket availability specifically, and TP-ers in general, to get off that soapbox and join us in BDS on gamedays.
    I already attend every ALABAMA game at BDS... but a lot cheaper than any Tide Prider even though I always sit in a Tide Pride seat almost everytime I buy a street ticket. I just refuse to pay money to make up for the exodus of TPers that happened to build the luxury suites and the lack of folks willing to buy those seats that the university was banking on.

At this point the 2 of the 3 biggest advantages in being a Tide Prider is not really that much of an advantage anymore since the SECN and the decline of attendance. I think most people have started to realize that.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; April 27th, 2019 at 11:01 AM.

BamaNation All-American

The biggest advantage is I like my seats and most of the people around me.

Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    The biggest advantage is I like my seats and most of the people around me.
    You wouldnít like my seats. I have this annoying, obnoxious, homophobic, loud mouth knuckle head sitting one row in front of me. During the IB of 06, this dudes friend said something to my wife which she didnít like. Iím watching the game not knowing what happened until this guy was quiet for the rest of the game. My wife said to him in a nice way that if he talked like that again to her, he would have her fist in his mouth. You gotta love those New York gals.

Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    You wouldn’t like my seats. I have this annoying, obnoxious, homophobic, loud mouth knuckle head sitting one row in front of me. During the IB of 06, this dudes friend said something to my wife which she didn’t like. I’m watching the game not knowing what happened until this guy was quiet for the rest of the game. My wife said to him in a nice way that if he talked like that again to her, he would have her fist in his mouth. You gotta love those New York gals.

Do you sit in N-7? I literally had to move because of a guy like this. He literally terrified my daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEnGA View Post
    Do you sit in N-7? I literally had to move because of a guy like this. He literally terrified my daughter.
    Nope. Iím in U4, LL, row 2. I havenít sat in my seats since 2014 and at the time we had our son with us and he was 3. Thankfully this guy wasnít too obnoxious that day because there was a kid around. From the years 2005 until 2010 the words out of his mouth just made me want to smack him in his mouth. A friend of mine buys my tickets each year and she told me heís a preacher. My wife refers to him as some one with anger management issues.

Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation All-American

There was a guy near me who was so obnoxious that I would have rooted for the Auburn fan he tried to provoke one year. He no longer attends.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEnGA View Post
    N7 Here Ive never seen or heard a guy like that but I have NO problem telling people to adjust their attitude especially if its becoming a problem.

There was a Bama fan at the SECCG giving some UGA fans a hard time, cussing at them and being just down right nasty, we put him in his place really quick, I may be introverted but I don't have tolerance for that stuff
    Last edited by irNate; May 1st, 2019 at 10:41 AM.