Tide Pride administrative fee for waiting list
Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Tide Pride administrative fee for waiting list

I have recently received 2 emails from the Tide Pride.
    It seems I have been on the waiting list for 5 years now for season tickets.
    For me to continue to be on the waiting list I need to pay the UA athletic department a mere $25.00 for administrative fees.
    This sounds like something Auburn University would cook up.

I would like to think they have enough money to pay the administrative fees for a waiting list.
    I am done with Tide Pride.
    Last edited by bama2112; March 8th, 2019 at 07:59 PM.

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar

Re: Tide Pride Admistrate Fee for waiting list

I think there quite a few people out there, maybe even on this forum, that are waiting for a spot in Tide Pride, No?

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

I forgot I was on the waiting list until they emailed me the same thing.

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar

I gave mine up this year so someone is getting on this time around.

Funny thing, I've been on the waiting list since 2008. Got offered tickets in the end zone uppers last season and turned them down. Was told I'd be at the top of the list for better tickets this season. In the 11 years of waiting for decent tickets to become available, I've lost the desire to even have the tickets. Constantly raising costs of attending a game with little to no improvement in the experience of watching a game at BDS (besides the obvious product on the field) just makes the time proposition insane for me. Get stuck in traffic all day, miss every other game, and get gouged on parking, food, etc. while having horrible connectivity to the outside world? Hard pass.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I just had to voice my displeasure with a fan experience stuck in the early 2000's when paired with constantly rising prices and nickel and diming the fans and alumni.

Honestly I donít see the point anymore of wanting Tide Pride. The only real advantage is getting road games and postseason tickets at face value ( if you have the points), but those are usually in the worst part of the stadium. I know for 7 games at BDS I pay less and sit better than probably 80% of Tide Priders. I think the lack of demand to go to ball games allows for easier access to the game than it was about 7-8 years ago.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I kind of agree with the sentiments expressed in this thread.

Between Tide Pride, Concessions, Parking, Traffic ect...
    They have made it easier for me to stay home and watch the games on the big screen.

Attending Big time football games is becoming more and more
    a young man's game.
    (My young man's days are a distant memory)
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; March 8th, 2019 at 10:44 PM. Reason: format

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    I kind of agree with the sentiments expressed in this thread.

Between Tide Pride, Concessions, Parking, Traffic ect...
    They have made it easier for me to stay home and watch the games on the big screen.

Attending Big time football games is becoming more and more
    a young man's game.
    (My young man's days are a distant memory)
    Iím kinda getting that way as a non Tide Prider and kinda of a young man. I have a feeling that the University with be more of a franchise than college in the next 5 years and the fact that they are forcing outrageous mandatory donations for lesser sports season tickets and starting to charge folks to stay on the waiting list is really proving that point

BamaNation All-American GP for Bama's Avatar

Y'all do know... these fees are supported by demand. Bama football and game experiences are definitely in high demand.
    In fact... the same story is playing out at almost every SEC school.

BamaNation Second Team DogPatch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GP for Bama View Post
    Y'all do know... these fees are supported by demand. Bama football and game experiences are definitely in high demand.
    Demand seems to be declining as prices increase.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

I am glad there is still so much demand for Tide Pride membership and purchasing tickets in general. I was a Tide Pride member for 6 years and finally determined that only going to a game or two a year was not worth the cost. I no longer enjoy the entire game day experience (could be my age), seems it is now more for younger folks with families. As I have said many times before, I go to one game a year and it makes me realize that I am not really missing anything.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation All-SEC

So; if they have 10,000 people on wait list(?) at $25 ea; thats $250,000 a year to manage a spreadsheet and send an automated email when your number comes up. C'mon man

BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

I was on the waiting list from 2006-2012 until I finally got season tickets for 2013 for my Dad and I.

I never received a letter or email saying I would have to pay a fee to stay on the list though.

Unfortunately the 2013 season was the ONLY year I had tickets after waiting for 7 years. I live right on the Gulf near Mobile, AL and the drive during consecutive weeks becomes a grind and not to mention the gas money and parking fee's near BDS and concession prices.

Then on top of that my Dad was 62 that year and starting on his health decline and couldn't handle the long walks from the parking areas to the Stadium.

The whole thing became more trouble than it was worth when you can stay at home and watch the game in HD and see everything better.

I love BDS and have always had a blast there in my Teens and 20's.... but now I'm more than willing to let other new folks enjoy the experience.