Tide Pride administrative fee for waiting list

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
But they also realize that once CNS leaves they are facing Shula, Curry, and Dubose like demands. This whole thing is a cash grab, and just proves how greedy the university really is. It’s just a long list of cash grabs that the university has done in the last 8 years.

FWIW I don’t particularly care about being a TP since I see no real need anymore, but the university has gotten extremely greedy and this is just one of the more minor things that they do that really chaps my butt. If I cared about TP then I would probably still not pay the 25 bucks and wait for a down era to get the tickets because I know there is a difference between paying 4-5 years of nothing and 1-2 years of nothing.
Almost all SEC teams ( and many Big 10) teams charge these same high fees for tickets.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Almost all SEC teams ( and many Big 10) teams charge these same high fees for tickets.
Yeah and they are just greedy as UA in making people who don’t have tickets put money in the air hoping for something good to happen. If I’m going to pay for something I expect something not an invisible list that they claim my name is on and moving up with a donation.

But again this is a minor thing compared to all the other things the Fat Cats have been doing over the past 7-8 years. I might have a degree from UA, but I’m not one of those people that say , “ my university isn’t greedy” people.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I’ve been a TP member since 1996. I was on my account the other day and noticed my TT points and my ranking. I’m right in the middle of the pack. I have 281 TT points and my donor rank is 8230 (out of 16,924).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
I have been in Tide Pride since 2011 but I did not re-new my two seats for this year. I just decided that it was something that I really didn't need to have. I was mainly tired of paying full price for games like Arkansas St, La-Monroe, UT-Chattanooga, Citadel, etc. and see people selling those tickets for $ 10.00 a piece or just giving them away. I will now pick and choose the games that I want to attend (like I did before I had Tide Pride season tickets) and just go to the SEC games and purchase tickets where I want to sit. The only time you pay more than face value anyway is for the UT, LSU, and AU games and sometimes not even that.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I think they're trying to set the table knowing that Coach Saban isn't going to be here much longer (relatively speaking) and get people off and new people on the list to see who's really committed. I'm hearing more stories like TiderMan's but am also hearing people say that they've been buying tickets so long they don't want to give them up even if it costs more so they begrudgingly pay the fees + ticket price increases.

Seems like it's almost a housing market bubble type of pricing, to me. One way they're addressing supply/demand is by reducing the number of available tickets by decreasing the seating capacity and enhancing features and services.

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out should CNS retire earlier or stay longer than his present contract anticipates.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
There is a day of reckoning coming. We've been insulated from it with Coach Saban, but its coming nonetheless.

When your massive renovation actually includes reducing seats by 5 - 10k, well, you should get the picture. The way things have gone with technology and tv broadcasting, it would not surprise me at all to see us struggle to fill a 90 or 95k stadium after Coach Saban retires.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Re: Tide Pride Admistrate Fee for waiting list

I kind of agree with the sentiments expressed in this thread.

Between Tide Pride, Concessions, Parking, Traffic ect...
They have made it easier for me to stay home and watch the games on the big screen.

Attending Big time football games is becoming more and more
a young man's game. :(
(My young man's days are a distant memory)
As long as there are enough people willing to jump through the monetary hoops then prices will continue to rise. They've priced me out of the market. It's cheaper for me to go to a MLB game than a SEC game.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
As long as there are enough people willing to jump through the monetary hoops then prices will continue to rise. They've priced me out of the market. It's cheaper for me to go to a MLB game than a SEC game.
I use to live in Nebraska and went to many KC Royals games. $10 on Stubhub when the Yankees and Bosox came to town. In Atlanta it’s almost $70 minimum for those games.

But the truth is by 2025-2030 you will see that the NFL was smart in reducing stadium sizes and the NCAA was stupid in making these massive stadiums. Technology in the entertainment industry will kill attendance ( which it already has in most places). I just think Alabama has done some very shady and greedy stuff in the past 6-8 years that has turned many of the more dedicated fans away. The RV crowd use to be one of the most loyal group in the dark days, but the University’s new rules and charges on parking has all but eliminated them from the face of the earth.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I use to live in Nebraska and went to many KC Royals games. $10 on Stubhub when the Yankees and Bosox came to town. In Atlanta it’s almost $70 minimum for those games.

But the truth is by 2025-2030 you will see that the NFL was smart in reducing stadium sizes and the NCAA was stupid in making these massive stadiums. Technology in the entertainment industry will kill attendance ( which it already has in most places). I just think Alabama has done some very shady and greedy stuff in the past 6-8 years that has turned many of the more dedicated fans away. The RV crowd use to be one of the most loyal group in the dark days, but the University’s new rules and charges on parking has all but eliminated them from the face of the earth.
I took my wife and two of my older sons to a BoSox/Rangers game. Paid $40 a ticket for left field "home run" seats. I had enough "change" left over in my wallet we were able to frequent the concession stand a few times and get the boys some souvenirs without feeling like I'd been bent over a barrel.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I took my wife and two of my older sons to a BoSox/Rangers game. Paid $40 a ticket for left field "home run" seats. I had enough "change" left over in my wallet we were able to frequent the concession stand a few times and get the boys some souvenirs without feeling like I'd been bent over a barrel.
Can’t really compare baseball and college football economics. Well you can but it doesn’t make much sense. There’s something like 80 home games for each baseball team and 7-8 home games for a college football team. Baseball is obviously going to be cheaper..

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Can’t really compare baseball and college football economics. Well you can but it doesn’t make much sense. There’s something like 80 home games for each baseball team and 7-8 home games for a college football team. Baseball is obviously going to be cheaper..
I'm not. I'm comparing the price it takes for me to take my family. Regardless of the economics.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It really depends on the team, but I think it was more of a side conversation about going to baseball games.

But if you want a real comparison compare the NFL season tickets to Tide Pride. It will blow you away at how much more expensive some of those jokers are.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
It really depends on the team, but I think it was more of a side conversation about going to baseball games.

But if you want a real comparison compare the NFL season tickets to Tide Pride. It will blow you away at how much more expensive some of those jokers are.
And more of a conversation about other, more affordable entertainment options for people and their family. Regardless of the economic differences, both are competing for "your" money. So if MLB can make it more affordable for my family to go to a game then MLB gets my money.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
And more of a conversation about other, more affordable entertainment options for people and their family. Regardless of the economic differences, both are competing for "your" money. So if MLB can make it more affordable for my family to go to a game then MLB gets my money.
True. I’m a lot less stressed out going to MLB games as well. The Braves/Royals losing while I’m there is a lot different than Alabama losing. cheaper and less stressful is a good combination.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
ive been on the waiting list for 10 years now and got the email the other day. im really debating about the 25$ fee. to me its bogus that they are asking for a fee to be on the wait list. Ive been on it and I put my daughter on the list couple years ago. I think I will stick with going to 1 good game a year. I dont think its worth the hassle driving from south carolina to bama 7 times a year. rtr

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Re: Tide Pride Admistrate Fee for waiting list

Y'all do know... these fees are supported by demand. Bama football and game experiences are definitely in high demand.
In fact... the same story is playing out at almost every SEC school.
How much of that demand is ticket buying web portals and brokers, though? Who cares about the actual people in the seats, right?

Man, I hate to say it, because I love the sport and I will always love U of A as my alma mater, but it's a tough place now for the average man just walking around. It's a student's place, or it's a place for monied interests. We wanted it, though, and it's what we got.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
True. I’m a lot less stressed out going to MLB games as well. The Braves/Royals losing while I’m there is a lot different than Alabama losing. cheaper and less stressful is a good combination.
Took my whole family to see the Braves twice last year, when the Dodgers were in town (always been an LA fan), and we went to two games and had just as good of a time, and decent seats, for the cost of the 4 of us attending 1 Alabama game against Missouri. Missouri.

It's not comparing apples and apples to talk about baseball versus SEC football, though, so I'll end the comparison there. More like apples and paper staplers.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
There is a day of reckoning coming. We've been insulated from it with Coach Saban, but its coming nonetheless.

When your massive renovation actually includes reducing seats by 5 - 10k, well, you should get the picture. The way things have gone with technology and tv broadcasting, it would not surprise me at all to see us struggle to fill a 90 or 95k stadium after Coach Saban retires.
You are dead on correct. The school is certainly trying to "make hay while the sun is shining", and I don't know that we should blame them. There will come a day when the team is more mediocre, and it will be harder to get the money out of people. God forbid if that should also happen around the same time as a significant economic recession. it just happened that the 2008-2009 recession happened at the same time that Saban was cranking up a sleeping giant, so it was missed. Will U of A be so fortunate next time we have a recession?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Took my whole family to see the Braves twice last year, when the Dodgers were in town (always been an LA fan), and we went to two games and had just as good of a time, and decent seats, for the cost of the 4 of us attending 1 Alabama game against Missouri. Missouri.

It's not comparing apples and apples to talk about baseball versus SEC football, though, so I'll end the comparison there. More like apples and paper staplers.
Which Missouri game? I’ve been to all 3 since 2012 and they all 3 varied in price because they were in 3 different venues.

I think my view on mlb baseball is from an expectant loser. Both of my teams either choke or never get passed Go so it’s no big deal if they win or lose. I was blown away when KC won it over the Mets but it never changed my expectations. So think of me like a Vandy fan when it comes to baseball. I’ve seen Cards, Dodgers, Giants, Sox, and Yankees fans get piping mad when they lose a Tuesday game preventing a 10-0 stretch. It’s just not me, it’s more about relaxing and having a good time.

FWIW I was at the Dodgers- Braves series as well last year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.