Tide Pride administrative fee for waiting list

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I have recently received 2 emails from the Tide Pride.
It seems I have been on the waiting list for 5 years now for season tickets.
For me to continue to be on the waiting list I need to pay the UA athletic department a mere $25.00 for administrative fees.
This sounds like something Auburn University would cook up.

I would like to think they have enough money to pay the administrative fees for a waiting list.
I am done with Tide Pride.

Last edited:

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Re: Tide Pride Admistrate Fee for waiting list

I think there quite a few people out there, maybe even on this forum, that are waiting for a spot in Tide Pride, No?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I forgot I was on the waiting list until they emailed me the same thing.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

I gave mine up this year so someone is getting on this time around.

RKel32

All-SEC
Nov 17, 2004
Madison, AL

Funny thing, I've been on the waiting list since 2008. Got offered tickets in the end zone uppers last season and turned them down. Was told I'd be at the top of the list for better tickets this season. In the 11 years of waiting for decent tickets to become available, I've lost the desire to even have the tickets. Constantly raising costs of attending a game with little to no improvement in the experience of watching a game at BDS (besides the obvious product on the field) just makes the time proposition insane for me. Get stuck in traffic all day, miss every other game, and get gouged on parking, food, etc. while having horrible connectivity to the outside world? Hard pass.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I just had to voice my displeasure with a fan experience stuck in the early 2000's when paired with constantly rising prices and nickel and diming the fans and alumni.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Honestly I don’t see the point anymore of wanting Tide Pride. The only real advantage is getting road games and postseason tickets at face value ( if you have the points), but those are usually in the worst part of the stadium. I know for 7 games at BDS I pay less and sit better than probably 80% of Tide Priders. I think the lack of demand to go to ball games allows for easier access to the game than it was about 7-8 years ago.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

I kind of agree with the sentiments expressed in this thread.

Between Tide Pride, Concessions, Parking, Traffic ect...
They have made it easier for me to stay home and watch the games on the big screen.

Attending Big time football games is becoming more and more
a young man's game. :(
(My young man's days are a distant memory)

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I kind of agree with the sentiments expressed in this thread.

Between Tide Pride, Concessions, Parking, Traffic ect...
They have made it easier for me to stay home and watch the games on the big screen.

Attending Big time football games is becoming more and more
a young man's game. :(
(My young man's days are a distant memory)
I’m kinda getting that way as a non Tide Prider and kinda of a young man. I have a feeling that the University with be more of a franchise than college in the next 5 years and the fact that they are forcing outrageous mandatory donations for lesser sports season tickets and starting to charge folks to stay on the waiting list is really proving that point

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Y'all do know... these fees are supported by demand. Bama football and game experiences are definitely in high demand.
In fact... the same story is playing out at almost every SEC school.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I am glad there is still so much demand for Tide Pride membership and purchasing tickets in general. I was a Tide Pride member for 6 years and finally determined that only going to a game or two a year was not worth the cost. I no longer enjoy the entire game day experience (could be my age), seems it is now more for younger folks with families. As I have said many times before, I go to one game a year and it makes me realize that I am not really missing anything.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015

So; if they have 10,000 people on wait list(?) at $25 ea; thats $250,000 a year to manage a spreadsheet and send an automated email when your number comes up. C'mon man

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

I was on the waiting list from 2006-2012 until I finally got season tickets for 2013 for my Dad and I.

I never received a letter or email saying I would have to pay a fee to stay on the list though.

Unfortunately the 2013 season was the ONLY year I had tickets after waiting for 7 years. I live right on the Gulf near Mobile, AL and the drive during consecutive weeks becomes a grind and not to mention the gas money and parking fee's near BDS and concession prices.

Then on top of that my Dad was 62 that year and starting on his health decline and couldn't handle the long walks from the parking areas to the Stadium.

The whole thing became more trouble than it was worth when you can stay at home and watch the game in HD and see everything better.

I love BDS and have always had a blast there in my Teens and 20's.... but now I'm more than willing to let other new folks enjoy the experience.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Y'all do know... these fees are supported by demand. Bama football and game experiences are definitely in high demand.
In fact... the same story is playing out at almost every SEC school.
That's great - but they're going to have a hard time getting butts in the seats when demand drops and all those who have been turned off by the blatant money grabs refuse to pay top dollar for a non-championship caliber product on the field. And those days will return at some point.

So yah, the AD can gouge away while everything is humming along - I suspect the creating a bed that will be unfunny to lie in later.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Overall, this thread is sad. I'm afraid of the long term consequences when fans as devoted as we see on this board are this turned off by what the University officials are doing and the direction the game day experience is going.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
That's great - but they're going to have a hard time getting butts in the seats when demand drops and all those who have been turned off by the blatant money grabs refuse to pay top dollar for a non-championship caliber product on the field. And those days will return at some point.

So yah, the AD can gouge away while everything is humming along - I suspect the creating a bed that will be unfunny to lie in later.
But that’s also assuming demand is high right now. Which it isn’t if you compare the actual attendance (meaning the actual number of butts in seats and not tickets sold) to the prices on 2nd hand dealers. I’ve seen LSU and Auburn Tuesday drops under value for 50 yard line seats quiet regularly and seen a disturbing amount of empty seats that weren’t the student section for those games.

I think it should be noted that this charge for the waiting list comes after the university told a bunch of Curry era TPers that they wouldn’t have seats 2020 unless they pay 10k to move. And this university greed isn’t just football, baseball requires you to pay a one time 10k donation to get season tickets. The university has killed a lot of things because of the almighty dollar... do you ever wonder why we hear so little about the RVers anymore?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Overall, this thread is sad. I'm afraid of the long term consequences when fans as devoted as we see on this board are this turned off by what the University officials are doing and the direction the game day experience is going.
Ultimately what is going to happen is when CNS leaves and we come back closer to earth many people are going to quit hanging onto to season tickets, and getting season tickets will be as easy as it was from Curry-Shula. By then the University would’ve changed the experience to more of an NFL corporate atmosphere and would’ve turned even more folks off. I think this cash grab is to get more money after some of their most devoted TPs told the University to eat their tickets after they came up with that 10k mandatory donation to keep their 30 year membership to TP.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I, also, hate paying these high tide pride fees. But I don't think the University will lower them as long as people are paying.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I, also, hate paying these high tide pride fees. But I don't think the University will lower them as long as people are paying.
But they also realize that once CNS leaves they are facing Shula, Curry, and Dubose like demands. This whole thing is a cash grab, and just proves how greedy the university really is. It’s just a long list of cash grabs that the university has done in the last 8 years.

FWIW I don’t particularly care about being a TP since I see no real need anymore, but the university has gotten extremely greedy and this is just one of the more minor things that they do that really chaps my butt. If I cared about TP then I would probably still not pay the 25 bucks and wait for a down era to get the tickets because I know there is a difference between paying 4-5 years of nothing and 1-2 years of nothing.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.