Question: First Bama Game you ever attended?

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
The first Bama game I attended was the 1990 game against Penn State. My dad had wanted to wait until I was old enough to go to a ballgame, I was 10 years old at the time. I don't remember much about the actual game, but I remember being in awe of Bryant-Denny stadium and getting to see the players in person. It was an amazing experience that I still remember to this day.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Some of y'all are older than I woulda thought..........not that there's anything wrong with that.......

Bamaboda2

Sep 1, 2018
Yeah, I'm actually older than I thought. But then, I've decided that getting old is better than not getting old.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Bama vs UGA in Birmingham................I think Bama beat UGA 30-0 when Ray Goff was UGA's coach

Respectfully - you're conflating things here.

Alabama beat UGA, 31-0, on September 30, 1995 in Sanford Stadium in Athens. (Hines Ward was the UGA QB, and I watched it from my lunch date with my bride at Spageddies, a short-lived Italian restaurant in N Little Rock replaced by Carino's a year later).

Goff lost to us 31-0, but we never faced him in Bham. The only Tide game in Bham during my lifetime was the 1984 game.

We did beat UGA in Bham 35-0 in 1962, the infamous "alleged fix" game.

(Again - no disrespect intended, your post appears to have everything right but the venue, and I'm sorry if I came across as a know it all, which is by no means my intent).

Me, I'd love to attend a game at UGA just once.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Vanderbilt--either 1971 or 1973.

The only things I remember are

1. Dear God, Vandy had a tiny stadium back then.
2. [actually, I don't remember this directly, but was told this by my mom] During the trip to the game (2.5 hours in a 4dr sedan w two parents and three boys), I complained about being dragged to this stupid game. On the way back, I kept asking when we could go to another game.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Be careful what you wish for Selma! That recliner's awfully comfy, and it doesn't want to fight when your butt makes it quit!!!

Alabama beat UGA, 31-0, on September 30, 1995 in Sanford Stadium in Athens. (Hines Ward was the UGA QB, and I watched it from my lunch date with my bride at Spageddies, a short-lived Italian restaurant in N Little Rock replaced by Carino's a year later).

Goff lost to us 31-0, but we never faced him in Bham. The only Tide game in Bham during my lifetime was the 1984 game.

(Again - no disrespect intended, your post appears to have everything right but the venue, and I'm sorry if I came across as a know it all, which is by no means my intent).

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
My very first live Bama game was versus Florida in the SEC championship game in Atlanta in 1999. I was at the end where Florida scored first in the game. Thereafter, all scoring was at the other end!! It didn't matter as the screens gave great views of the plays. Would have really liked to have seen scoring by Bama at my end as I was within on about the 8th row up. It was also my 12 year old son's first live gama.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
My very first live Bama game was versus Florida in the SEC championship game in Atlanta in 1999. I was at the end where Florida scored first in the game. Thereafter, all scoring was at the other end!! It didn't matter as the screens gave great views of the plays. Would have really liked to have seen scoring by Bama at my end as I was within on about the 8th row up. It was also my 12 year old son's first live gama.
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde team. Depending on which co-OC was in charge of the game plan. Don't even remember their names. Do remember being laughed out of the room at work the day before when I said that Bama would run UF out of the Dome if _______ was in charge of the game plan.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

You are correct....... I did get my game venues mixed up........ no offense taken. It was a long time ago, and my memory isn’t nearly as good as yours is...... ; )

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Alabama beat Ray Goff's Georgia team 29-28 on October 1, 1994 in Birmingham.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Alabama beat Ray Goff's Georgia team 29-28 on October 1, 1994 in Birmingham.
I was at that game and can confirm it was in Tuscaloosa. UGA had Eric Zeier at QB and he had a good game, but Barker and Malone were better.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
No, they didn't.

That game was in Tuscaloosa. It says so at the 28 second mark.

I was in Destin Florida during this game. I was on my uncle's boat listening on a small radio, when a storm came out of nowhere and we had to dock in a marina and get a hotel. We listened in the hotel room the rest of the game. Cannot remember if it was a hurricane or just a really bad storm.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I was at that game and can confirm it was in Tuscaloosa. UGA had Eric Zeier at QB and he had a good game, but Barker and Malone were better.
Zeier got all the praise, but Barker threw for I think 100+ more yards and looked better..............I've often heard that Zeier wanted to come to Bama, but the family was against it.........heard dad was a Dawg fan and wouldn't stand for it...........

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Zeier got all the praise, but Barker threw for I think 100+ more yards and looked better..............I've often heard that Zeier wanted to come to Bama, but the family was against it.........heard dad was a Dawg fan and wouldn't stand for it...........
Zeier had a very good game (25 for 33, 263 yards, 4 TDs) and became the all-time SEC leading passer.

Barker might have had the best game of his career (26 for 33, 396 yards, 2 TDs) - on an offense averaging 116 yards passing per game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.