Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. The Hogs...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think you can judge a coach in any sport after 2 years and not necessarily on their win/ loss record. Do their teams show progressive improvement, do they make the most of the talent they have, do they play hard and more importantly smart. If the answer is yes then chances are that program will be successful. Unfortunately I don't think that's the case with this current basketball program and great talent alone does ensure winning.
One of the best posts on the thread! I agree that at this point (way beyond 2 years) we should be seeing major progress but instead it's the opposite: regression.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
If that is the case then Byrne needs get to his short list ready. There isn’t any sense in waiting to pull the trigger next year.
Also, he missed the last two games of the #1 player in the state. If that doesn't show lack of interest, IDK what does. I think he's gone...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He may have. I read it on TI. There was a lot of talk about missing the championship game...
I remember seeing a tweet about the assistants being at championship game. Was hoping he had not gotten there for some reason. Don’t remember seeing anything to suggest he ever got there, though. No excuse for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I remember seeing a tweet about the assistants being at championship game. Was hoping he had not gotten there for some reason. Don’t remember seeing anything to suggest he ever got there, though. No excuse for it.

I agree. At first, I thought he had another year, no matter what happened. Right now, I think the odds favor his leaving, possibly for the Pelicans' job. If that be the case, then his remarks are not quite as nonsensical as they appear on the surface. The same goes for his changed demeanor...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I agree. At first, I thought he had another year, no matter what happened. Right now, I think the odds favor his leaving, possibly for the Pelicans' job. If that be the case, then his remarks are not quite as nonsensical as they appear on the surface. The same goes for his changed demeanor...
The talk of him going to NOLA started about the time the play got even more inconsistent than normal. That can’t be coinencedensce.

crimson clear

Suspended
Feb 27, 2018
For what it's worth I heard something today that I didn't realize. Sylvester Croom and Ron Polk were both let go at MSU by then AD Greg Byrne. Croom was the historical first black head football coach in the SEC and Polk was the Bear Bryant of SEC baseball. Sounds like Greg Byrne has the backbone to make a change if he thinks it's necessary. That said I'm sure the finances of it all will still be the main factor.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.