Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. The Hogs... - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Re: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. The Hogs...

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    He might not have been at the championship game (know the assistants were there), but he was at the semi-final game.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1101161480685342720

He may have. I read it on TI. There was a lot of talk about missing the championship game...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    He may have. I read it on TI. There was a lot of talk about missing the championship game...
    I remember seeing a tweet about the assistants being at championship game. Was hoping he had not gotten there for some reason. Dont remember seeing anything to suggest he ever got there, though. No excuse for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    I remember seeing a tweet about the assistants being at championship game. Was hoping he had not gotten there for some reason. Don’t remember seeing anything to suggest he ever got there, though. No excuse for it.

I agree. At first, I thought he had another year, no matter what happened. Right now, I think the odds favor his leaving, possibly for the Pelicans' job. If that be the case, then his remarks are not quite as nonsensical as they appear on the surface. The same goes for his changed demeanor...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I agree. At first, I thought he had another year, no matter what happened. Right now, I think the odds favor his leaving, possibly for the Pelicans' job. If that be the case, then his remarks are not quite as nonsensical as they appear on the surface. The same goes for his changed demeanor...
    The talk of him going to NOLA started about the time the play got even more inconsistent than normal. That cant be coinencedensce.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

-- Coach Bryant

For what it's worth I heard something today that I didn't realize. Sylvester Croom and Ron Polk were both let go at MSU by then AD Greg Byrne. Croom was the historical first black head football coach in the SEC and Polk was the Bear Bryant of SEC baseball. Sounds like Greg Byrne has the backbone to make a change if he thinks it's necessary. That said I'm sure the finances of it all will still be the main factor.