Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. The Hogs...

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Anthony Grant Alabama winning%: .579
Avery Johnson Alabama winning %: about .550 , after tonight; game over; write the check
$3 million just don't go as far as it used to ( been saying that to Aubies about Gus and $7.5m all year)

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Wow. In a gotta have it game we showed no energy or sense of purpose. We are 1 and done in the NIT against some multi directional or small parochial school with this effort.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
At least we only have to suffer through one more game.

Oh, wait......................the NIT might get desperate.

At least DUH-verse went out, and spared me from seeing the last 1 minute+. I'm obviously addicted to watching car wrecks.

(Blue font for comic relief.)

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I’m just so mad right now. This is the weakest bubble in years and we aren’t going to make the tournament when we have been sitting in the tournament all year long. The only Avery Johnson collapse that was worse was his collapse in the NBA finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Got beat by an average Hog team...and we were playing for a spot in the tourney. Honestly, glad we won't go. Our brand of basketball isn't worth watching.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Anthony Grant Alabama winning%: .579
Avery Johnson Alabama winning %: about .550 , after tonight; game over; write the check
$3 million just don't go as far as it used to ( been saying that to Aubies about Gus and $7.5m all year)
Horrible comparison when you look at how much the SEC has improved. Grant would be putting us at Georgia and Vandy levels. Still hope he gets 1 more year, RTR

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Anyone who thinks this is something that can be fixed by some off-season tweaking either has never played the game of basketball or has never supported a fundamentally sound team.

We have never put such a woeful product on a court in my lifetime - not under Grant, and not even under Hobbs (when considering raw talent differential).

If Coach wants to stick around through Thursday, maybe Pelphrey could take over for whatever NIT run there is, and then go back to the chalkboard - sickening as it is to admit it.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Well let's drop the first one in the the sec tournament and maybe the NIT won't even extend an invite. Keep playing like this and they won't be around long, even if they do slide into the NIT.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Beating UK was great, especially for us fans, but in reality the season ended for the players that day. They were never the same. With that win we stood at 10-3, finished 7-11.

This is the first time since the 1999 season that I didn't attend a game.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
We play Ole Miss Thursday night at 6:00.
Almost a whole week to reset, recharge, and go further into reverse.

Unless there's a 40-point differential in the last game of the season, which should be Ole Miss, Avery gets another year if he wants it, undeserved as that year may be. Unless he takes a leave of absence to make a 30-for-30 "InepTide: How I Took a Laggard Program Into the Abyss With Sleepwalking Players Who Couldn't There Fast Enough"...

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States

This says it all here. CAJ’s teams are mentally soft and they do not make adjustments at all! I’m beyond done and I apologize to anyone last year that I called crazy for wanting him gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
What remains to be seen is how important the basketball program is to those with the financial means to make the change? CAJ’s buyout is a reported $8.5 to $9 million at present but drops to the $6 million range sometime in April.
So is $6 million enough of a reason to keep someone that is perceived by many as the 12th best coach in the league for another year?

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.