BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
profootballtalk said:
Texas fires Vince Young

Vince Young is a Texas Longhorns legend, but that isn’t enough to stay employed with the school.

The university fired Young from his job as a development officer “for not demonstrating significant and sustained improvement in the performance of [his] job responsibilities and failing to maintain standards of conduct suitable and acceptable to the university,” according to a letter obtained by the Associated Press.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/09/texas-fires-vince-young/
I read this as “we created a fake job for him where all he had to do is show up at alumni events and shake hands and he couldn’t even do that”

Really sad because he was such an awesome college qb.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I heard Vince planned to move to Chapel Hill to live in Mack Brown’s basement. All Vince has to do is make sure the pantry is stocked with Mack’s favorite- tapioca pudding- and once a week ask Mack to tell him the story about that time “Colt McCoy got hurt....” 😉😉

Last edited:

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I saw him in San Jose at the Fanfest signing autographs at the Panini stand, I was too busy making line pass arounds collecting mini pack free football cards which I picked up as future bribe material for my 7 year old son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I read this as “we created a fake job for him where all he had to do is show up at alumni events and shake hands and he couldn’t even do that”

Really sad because he was such an awesome college qb.
Yeah, kind of like Spurrier's job as a Gator Ambassador. Don't think Young is real bright.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
This is what happens when we spoil kids (and adults) and shy away from corporal punishment. He's never had to really work and he still screws it up. He'll be on ESPN Gameday in 10 years crying about how bad his life is.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
This doesn't surprise me one bit. Super talented athletes are treated different from the moment people recognize they are elite. I've got three boys in youth sports and I see it all the time. These elite talented kids are pampered, coddled and allowed to not follow the same rules as the other regular talented players and that's what they become accustom to. They never develop a lot of the skills that it takes to make it in life. Unfortunately, it's those lack of skills that usually comes back to haunt them.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
This is what happens when we spoil kids (and adults) and shy away from corporal punishment. He's never had to really work and he still screws it up. He'll be on ESPN Gameday in 10 years crying about how bad his life is.
Heck, if "they"/young elite athletes would just be made to go by the rules everyone else does (and suffer the same consequences if they don't), would go a long ways in preventing the tomfoolery they turn into later in life.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Unless something more comes out. Here's another example of spoiled athletes/celebrities. A 22 year old fan tried to snap a pic of McGregor as he was leaving a hotel when McGregor went all UFC on him, slapped his phone out of his hand, stomped on it several times, then took the guy's phone. Then McGregor later post on social media how much he "loves" his fans. Why people keep flocking to these self absorbed people who act this way is beyond me.

http://www.espn.com/mma/ufc/story/_/id/26232937/ufc-star-mcgregor-arrested-miami-beach

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Unless something more comes out. Here's another example of spoiled athletes/celebrities. A 22 year old fan tried to snap a pic of McGregor as he was leaving a hotel when McGregor went all UFC on him, slapped his phone out of his hand, stomped on it several times, then took the guy's phone. Then McGregor later post on social media how much he "loves" his fans. Why people keep flocking to these self absorbed people who act this way is beyond me.

http://www.espn.com/mma/ufc/story/_/id/26232937/ufc-star-mcgregor-arrested-miami-beach
I don't think the dude was a fan of McGregor if you catch my drift. I think that's why he slapped the phone out of his hand, I think the guy was more than likely a fan of the guy that just dominated McGregor.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.