News Article: Texas fires Vince Young
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

ThumbsDown Texas fires Vince Young

Quote Originally Posted by profootballtalk
    Texas fires Vince Young

Vince Young is a Texas Longhorns legend, but that isn’t enough to stay employed with the school.

The university fired Young from his job as a development officer “for not demonstrating significant and sustained improvement in the performance of [his] job responsibilities and failing to maintain standards of conduct suitable and acceptable to the university,” according to a letter obtained by the Associated Press.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-vince-young/
    I read this as “we created a fake job for him where all he had to do is show up at alumni events and shake hands and he couldn’t even do that”

Really sad because he was such an awesome college qb.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Re: Texas fires Vince Young

Yeah, um, as a professional though, he sucked.

I heard Vince planned to move to Chapel Hill to live in Mack Brown’s basement. All Vince has to do is make sure the pantry is stocked with Mack’s favorite- tapioca pudding- and once a week ask Mack to tell him the story about that time “Colt McCoy got hurt....” 😉😉
    Last edited by CB4; March 10th, 2019 at 07:23 PM.

I saw him in San Jose at the Fanfest signing autographs at the Panini stand, I was too busy making line pass arounds collecting mini pack free football cards which I picked up as future bribe material for my 7 year old son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    I read this as “we created a fake job for him where all he had to do is show up at alumni events and shake hands and he couldn’t even do that”

Really sad because he was such an awesome college qb.
    Yeah, kind of like Spurrier's job as a Gator Ambassador. Don't think Young is real bright.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Second Team

You think about it, all he had to do was show up and be Vince Young and he didn't even do that.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    This is what happens when we spoil kids (and adults) and shy away from corporal punishment. He's never had to really work and he still screws it up. He'll be on ESPN Gameday in 10 years crying about how bad his life is.
    I need you out there slinging coconuts and pineapples!

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

This doesn't surprise me one bit. Super talented athletes are treated different from the moment people recognize they are elite. I've got three boys in youth sports and I see it all the time. These elite talented kids are pampered, coddled and allowed to not follow the same rules as the other regular talented players and that's what they become accustom to. They never develop a lot of the skills that it takes to make it in life. Unfortunately, it's those lack of skills that usually comes back to haunt them.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

That’s a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    This is what happens when we spoil kids (and adults) and shy away from corporal punishment. He's never had to really work and he still screws it up. He'll be on ESPN Gameday in 10 years crying about how bad his life is.
    Heck, if "they"/young elite athletes would just be made to go by the rules everyone else does (and suffer the same consequences if they don't), would go a long ways in preventing the tomfoolery they turn into later in life.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

If only Colt hadn't got hurt …….
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

Unless something more comes out. Here's another example of spoiled athletes/celebrities. A 22 year old fan tried to snap a pic of McGregor as he was leaving a hotel when McGregor went all UFC on him, slapped his phone out of his hand, stomped on it several times, then took the guy's phone. Then McGregor later post on social media how much he "loves" his fans. Why people keep flocking to these self absorbed people who act this way is beyond me.

http://www.espn.com/mma/ufc/story/_/...ed-miami-beach
    Last edited by Bamabuzzard; March 12th, 2019 at 08:29 AM.

BamaNation Second Team CoachInWaiting's Avatar

This really isn't a story. Now if Coach Saban hires him as an analyst, THAT is a story!
    ​They said Bear Bryant walked on water....Nick Saban swims through land.