Cecil Hurt: Where Did Alabama's Hope Go? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Re: Cecil Hurt: Where Did Alabama's Hope Go?

“Hopefully” we stop relying on hope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

I think our biggest issue, even more than an inside presence, is ball handling. We lost a lot of games due to poor ball handling. That should be priority number one get a true ball handler to help our freshman point.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    I think our biggest issue, even more than an inside presence, is ball handling. We lost a lot of games due to poor ball handling. That should be priority number one get a true ball handler to help our freshman point.
    I've said this several times recently that we desperately need a backup PG as well as a proven big man next year. We've filled up our scholarships for next year so unless someone leaves we don't have room to sign anyone else. However I fully expect at least 1 player and perhaps 2 or 3 to leave but then the issue becomes have we even been recruiting a PG. I'm not aware if we have so our options become grad transfer PG that will be willing to play second fiddle to Kira, 2) JUCO guy that we can jump in on and have a realistic shot of signing, 3) regular transfer that can be eligible immediately, or 4) HS recruit that has slipped through the cracks.

BamaNation All-American

i agree completely. as well as lazy passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post

BamaNation All-American

The problems seem much broader to me. We’re just not very good. And like any other not-very-good team, our greatest strength is finding whatever it takes to lose.

BamaNation Second Team DogPatch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    wildly go down court out of control and turn the ball over.
    That is a perfect synopsis of every AAU team I saw this weekend at an AAU tournament I had to work this weekend, save two (one boys, one girls - both in matching uniforms, sweats, and shoes).

BamaNation Second Team DogPatch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    2) JUCO guy that we can jump in on and have a realistic shot of signing
    I'd love to see a couple of these types. Good JUCO players from bad teams with chips on their shoulders and are hungry to win. Maybe that could be contagious.

Quote Originally Posted by DogPatch View Post
    That is a perfect synopsis of every AAU team I saw this weekend at an AAU tournament I had to work this weekend, save two (one boys, one girls - both in matching uniforms, sweats, and shoes).
    I had to laugh. While the church gym our group usually played in was being refloored, we played for a while here at the Dallas Street Armory, which is open to the public. Well, there was a cancellation for our group and I didn't get the word, so I just participated in the shootaround and got picked, probably because I was really the only one with a jumper. Also, I was the only white face in the gym. We were playing HS kids and their little guard had a bad habit of hanging the ball out wide when he'd start a drive. I picked him off twice, with this adult running down the side shouting "Don't let him do that to you!!" I found out after we finished that they were an AAU team and he was the "coach."

Funny thing, the first time I stole him, and had taken off down the court, I could tell there was a guy catching up with me. I looked over and had a trailer to my right. I went up and flipped it behind me to him. He was so surprised, he didn't even take it in for a layup - just stopped and shot a weak little 8' jumper and missed. After that, I started paying more attention to the style they were playing. The name of the game was "take it to the rim," mano a mano, which was the reason my trailer was so shocked at being fed...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis