2019 SEC Tournament Bracket

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I'm glad UT won today - because of Schofield and Williams - those guys are just fantastic as players and also have a lot of integrity and character off the court.

Your game tomorrow should be a war, Dub. Good luck, buddy!
Thanks, man.

Williams is a hoss, no doubt about. Take what I think of Silva and amplify that, and that’s what he is. Just a great all around player. Got his against us, even when we got them in AU a week ago.

We bottled up Schofield. Don’t expect to pull that off again.

Better matchup than UK though.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
SEC Tournament Fun Fact: In the history of the game of basketball, ever since Naismith hung the peach baskets in the gymnasium, Auburn basketball has never, never, ever received a favorable call from an official. At least that is according to Rod Bramblett and Sonny Smith of the Auburn Radio Network.

Seriously I use to like Sonny, but dear Lord he is awful on color. And he and Bramblett’s constant whining are obnoxious, even when they are winning. They take “homerism” to a different level.

Sonny could easily look at Stan White and say “Hold my beer and watch this....”

GoodTalkRuss

Suspended
Mar 9, 2019
I hope Greg Byrne was forced to watch Au/UT today and realizes Bama doesn't have time to wait for Avery to "trick" the players into playing hard.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Congrats on the win, Dub.....holy mackerel that was a slaughter!

Good luck to our Crimson friends today. Hope you all squeeze in to the dance!
Harvard? Hammered today by Yale in the Ivy League championship game, but probably still a better shot at making the Dance than Avery's rollovers...

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Congrats on the win, Dub.....holy mackerel that was a slaughter!

Good luck to our Crimson friends today. Hope you all squeeze in to the dance!
Thanks for wishing Bama luck today but let's be honest, Bama barely belongs in the NIT much less the dance.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Auburn really mismatches Tennessee. Auburn's run to hit 3s transition offense and willingness to take "bad" 3s in half-court offense nullified Tennessee's physicality on defense. Auburn's penchant for getting active hands in passing lanes hurt Tennessee interior passing for paint scoring. Vols better hope that some no-name conference AQ with a bunch of veteran shooters isn't in their first weekend. They are ripe to be upset bait. Vols are the ultimate regular season team in composition. Much like some of those prime Gottfried teams here.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I watched a good bit of UT/Barn. Barn could beat anybody shooting from 3 land like that. But that brand of B-ball doesn't sustain over time when the shooting goes cold.

But I hope Auburn's success will make some folks in Tuscaloosa sit up and reevaluate what needs to happen down there. Only good that might come from Auburn's success.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I watched a good bit of UT/Barn. Barn could beat anybody shooting from 3 land like that. But that brand of B-ball doesn't sustain over time when the shooting goes cold.

But I hope Auburn's success will make some folks in Tuscaloosa sit up and reevaluate what needs to happen down there. Only good that might come from Auburn's success.
The real kicker is that we didn’t shoot that well. Ended up 15-40. Didn’t care much about percentages and shot for volume. “Quantity has a quality all its own,” after all.

When you force as many many turnovers as we did, though, you can get away with it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.