DNC passes over Houston for 2020 convention, picking Milwaukee

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
LINK

WASHINGTON — Democratic National Committee officials announced Monday that the party's 2020 convention would take place in Milwaukee, according to the Wall Street Journal.

The announcement is a setback for Houston, which was a final contender to host the convention. Miami was also on the short list.
Houston Democratic insiders who were pushing for the convention have said the city's convention center and hotel space were indisputable strengths. But ultimately, the selection of Milwaukee was a decision of one person: DNC Chairman Tom Perez.
It also is an indicator of a Democratic party that is defensively attempting to take back a state it lost in the 2016 presidential campaign.
President Donald Trump carried Wisconsin in 2016 but former President Barack Obama won it in 2012. Democrats were pleasantly surprised when the party made gains in Texas in 2016 and made significant party-building progress in the 2018 midterms. The would-be Houston convention was perceived as a way to show the party is staking its claim on Texas, which a Democratic presidential candidate hasn't won in decades.

The Milwaukee convention will take place from July 13 to July 16, 2020. The Republican National Committee released its own dates and location last year. Republicans will meet from Aug. 24 to Aug. 27, 2020 in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Should be a good one! No shortage of beer and brats anyway.....;)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I would have thought they already picked a place. I seem to recall Birmingham putting in a bid. I would love it there just to watch the Trumpy snowflakes freak out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Is this the DNC's way of apologizing to the state of Wisconsin for HRC completely ignoring them and taking them for granted?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.