At Least 47 Indicted in Nationwide College Admissions Cheating and Recruiting Scheme - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Re: At Least 47 Indicted in Nationwide College Admissions Cheating and Recruiting Sch

Just LOL.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Re: At Least 47 Indicted in Nationwide College Admissions Cheating and Recruiting Sch

And now it potentially has massive implications...

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1105493601369423874

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

If the NCAA was policed by Federal law enforcement, this entire house of cards would tumble.

Going to need to read more about this case. Have some questions about it all could happen.

Rich people pay a coach to claim student is also an athlete to help student move up the list of students to accept.

Student is not offered an athletic scholarship?

Student gets on campus but doesn't participate?

Someone else has to be involved, right? Or am I missing something?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Second Team

Hard to compete for scholarships for your average, good student, below average athlete into major schools when you have millionaires bribing officials to make it happen. We found out about this time last year that it takes more than a 7A high school, 4 year captain of majorette squad to be granted an opportunity to twirl baton for the Crimsonettes. I was naive to thinking that being pretty enough, sharp enough, having a high GPA, and being a competition winning twirler and dancer to be accepted by my beloved U of A.

Payola is the only way to go-a.

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jashleyren2 View Post
    Hard to compete for scholarships for your average, good student, below average athlete into major schools when you have millionaires bribing officials to make it happen. We found out about this time last year that it takes more than a 7A high school, 4 year captain of majorette squad to be granted an opportunity to twirl baton for the Crimsonettes. I was naive to thinking that being pretty enough, sharp enough, having a high GPA, and being a competition winning twirler and dancer to be accepted by my beloved U of A.

Payola is the only way to go-a.
    Welcome to big-time college basketball and football.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Going to need to read more about this case. Have some questions about it all could happen.

Rich people pay a coach to claim student is also an athlete to help student move up the list of students to accept.

They at least should make them take a few bull in the ring hits from the real football players on campus. It would seem more legit that way.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by OBMS View Post
    They are in no way connected to this----the story is about "elite" universities. But I agree---if the Feds are looking into 501(c)3s, that puckering sound you are hearing is coming out of Oxford and West Georgia.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/college-entrance-exam-cheating
    Dunno know 'bout that - could explain the surfeit of "3-stars" getting "accepted" at All Bran and then dispensed with. They could be .5 (point-.5) stars with kick-backs accounting for the other 2 1/2 stars then they go elsewhere to the more prestigious likes of Black Hills Ore & Ordure Scholastic U. or Invertebrate Animal Husbandry Accounting College.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Lori Laughlin? This calls for a Full House pun.
    Have mercy!
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    If you have to bribe somebody to get your kid into a college, maybe they donít belong there?
    "They"?

The kid or the somebody bribed?

(Sorry, I'm a syntax jerk).

Both I'm guessing.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

Just a barner.

Confirms my school isn't listed

The scumbags! Death penalty for all the cheaters!

Quote Originally Posted by OBMS View Post
    They are in no way connected to this----the story is about "elite" universities. But I agree---if the Feds are looking into 501(c)3s, that puckering sound you are hearing is coming out of Oxford and West Georgia.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/college-entrance-exam-cheating

i was implying they need to step up their game if they want to cheat with the elite.
    Last edited by 92tide; March 12th, 2019 at 03:56 PM.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post

why can't they just pay for a building or make a donation to the endowment fund like all of the other rich folks?
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon