At Least 47 Indicted in Nationwide College Admissions Cheating and Recruiting Scheme

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
If that happened, they yes, I agree. But most schools don't have hard limits on the numbers of students they admit - generally speaking if you qualify, you're admitted.
In general, no. For some studies, there are hard limits.

Of course, none of these snowflakes were trying to study something where you actually had to do any work.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
What's weird to me is how up in arms you seem to be about people being arrested for breaking the law.
I don't care a whit about them. It is the masses who have disappointed me here. Now, that is kinda funny.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If that happened, they yes, I agree. But most schools don't have hard limits on the numbers of students they admit - generally speaking if you qualify, you're admitted.
To add, there are 33 of these kids admitted through this scam. 33. During the same period there were almost certainly many multiples of this whose parents bought them access to these same schools in other ways. I seriously doubt that a single qualified kid failed to get into these schools because of this nonsense.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I've had fun with this but mostly just over the sheer stupidity of some rich folks.

Lori Loughlin calls up her attorney, Leopold Feckner (some of you will get this), and says:

"My daughter doesn't qualify for USC, but I have this guy who is going to ensure her SAT is high enough that she will get in with a scholarship. He's only charging me $500,000."

Leopold: "Lori, that's illegal. Just make a $200,000 donation to (name of something important), and the right people will make sure she gets into school. And remember to send me $1600 for the advice I just gave you."

A co-worker of mine about to retire just chuckles about this. He was once at the University of Houston and involved in scams with the football team to keep the players eligible. Cash payments for doing athlete work to keep them eligible and making sure to do it so the guy got a C and didn't arouse suspicion. He was even asked to take their exams for them, but he refused at that point. He said when he left college he took a pay cut - and he wasn't the only one.

The reality is that if your parents are "somebody" then places will make exceptions - without this.

This is in every realm of life folks. It always has been and always will be.

Every motel in Dallas can say that they don't have a room. But if the President of the USA shows up? They've got one.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Following this is like watching Caddyshack golf: Rodney Dangerfield handing over a wad of cash saying “Keep it fair. Keep it fair.” Brian Doyle Murray pocketing the cash while saying “I can’t accept —“

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
This story doesn't shock me at all. Going through my own child looking into colleges for two years I kind of thought this was happening but the arrogance as to changing your child's SAT scores just tells me that their child was very undeserving of that college. I think big colleges love to have children of stars or politicians walking their halls. I hope they all pay for their high and mighty attitudes.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
In general, no. For some studies, there are hard limits.

Of course, none of these snowflakes were trying to study something where you actually had to do any work.
Hell, Loughlin’s daughter even said she hated school in the video. She wouldn’t have gotten into anything other than an average public college (maybe) or a juco, on her own merits.
That’s what I have a problem with; if they aren’t qualified, they don’t belong, and I hope those who bought them access they would not have gotten otherwise get burned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
“I don’t know how much of school I’m gonna attend, but I’m gonna go in and talk to my deans and everyone, and hope that I can try and balance it all,” Olivia said in the intial YouTube video (YouTube has pulled the video) “But I do want the experience of like game days, partying … I don’t really care about school, as you guys all know.”
This girl isn't college material.

Last edited:

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
This girl isn't college material.
Geez, was it's mom's ego that decided it was worth $500,000 to pass this girl off as a member of the "crew team" just to get her into USC. Since she did get in, I wonder how her grades were. I'll bet she would either flunk out or leave before it was degree time. I think I saw something the other day that she doesn't even remember how many days she actually showed up her senior year in high school, but did make sure to come the last day for the party. Doubt she could have handled USC.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Geez, was it's mom's ego that decided it was worth $500,000 to pass this girl off as a member of the "crew team" just to get her into USC. Since she did get in, I wonder how her grades were. I'll bet she would either flunk out or leave before it was degree time. I think I saw something the other day that she doesn't even remember how many days she actually showed up her senior year in high school, but did make sure to come the last day for the party. Doubt she could have handled USC.
She was partying with one of the school’s Board members on his boat the day Mommy flew home to turn herself in; what would you think her grades would look like? Whatever she wanted them to look like, is my guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I don't think that that's really fair...There's "entitled" and "spoiled", but that doesn't make someone a tramp...
How legit is it for female students to be “partying” on a yacht with one of their schools male Board members?
Pretty sure she was an underclassmen, maybe even a freshmen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
How legit is it for female students to be “partying” on a yacht with one of their schools male Board members?
Pretty sure she was an underclassmen, maybe even a freshmen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sure she was with one of the board members kids. Not the board member himself.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.