CJ Mosley to Jets: 5yrs, $85mil

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
PAID

When NFL free agency opens on Wednesday afternoon, the New York Jets will make C.J. Mosley the league’s highest-paid inside linebacker -- and it won’t be close.

Mosley agreed to leave the Baltimore Ravens for a five-year, $85 million contract from the Jets that includes $51 million of guaranteed money, NFL Network and nj.com reported on Tuesday morning. NFL Network reported the former Alabama All-American agreed to the contract at 3 a.m. EDT Tuesday.
God, not the Jets...

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Really good for him but it's going to be impossible to live up to that contract. Still, good on him getting all he could.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I know a few years ago, maybe not even that long ago. I recall seeing a "recruiting" poster that showed how many millions of dollars Alabama NFL players are making by combining the total worth of all the contracts, with these recently revised contracts, I would be really interested in seeing with the number is.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I know a few years ago, maybe not even that long ago. I recall seeing a "recruiting" poster that showed how many millions of dollars Alabama NFL players are making by combining the total worth of all the contracts, with these recently revised contracts, I would be really interested in seeing with the number is.
I'm sure the graphics team is working on that today.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
In the past three days, Bama players have signed contracts worth >$200 million.

Just wait until Julio makes a deal.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Growing up I loved teams that had Bama players on them (or guys from Alabama who didn't play for Auburn :D) This meant I loved the Browns because of Ozzie Newsome. I loved the Steelers because of John Stallworth. I loved Miami (sort of) because of Bob Baumhower. I loved the Jets because of Marty Lyons and Richard Todd and Joe Namath. I loved the Raiders because of Kenny Stabler. ... and so on.

Certainly there were other guys who did well in the league but the above were the teams I followed closely.

Then there was a drought of many decent players playing on decent teams and I didn't rely on Bama heritage for deciding the teams I liked.

Now Bama guys are all over the league and dominating at their positions. Loving that these guys are doing well and making coin!

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Are we sure the Jets signed the former Bama LBer and not the 35 yr old DL?

Don't fell too bad about the Ravens losing a Bama player, they are signing Mark Ingram...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Are we sure the Jets signed the former Bama LBer and not the 35 yr old DL?

Don't fell too bad about the Ravens losing a Bama player, they are signing Mark Ingram...
Ingram to the Ravens not a done deal yet. The Ravens are still in the running for Le'Veon Bell.

FYI the Falcons are about to sign James Carpenter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.