News Article: With Alabama’s season on brink, Avery Johnson is facing criticism and asking question

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Click

This sounds like a bunch of last minute, desperation moves to save the season - and possibly his job.
I can't actively cheer against my team.....but....

I'm pretty nervous that we'll make a run to the SEC Tourney Title game and squeak into the NCAA Tourney..... get a favorable Round 1 matchup.... advance to the Field of 32 and THEN get bounced....

Which might actually save CAJ's job IF he still wants it.

Though I would hope we wouldn't be stupid enough to extend his contract.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

I'm pretty nervous that we'll make a run to the SEC Tourney Title game and squeak into the NCAA Tourney..... get a favorable Round 1 matchup.... advance to the Field of 32 and THEN get bounced....

I will always cheer for Bama, but I do not see us getting past Ole Miss, much less UK. However, I think CAJ's job is probably safe this year because we don't want to pay the buyout. We've already overpaid for CAJ's results, so paying the buyout would only make it worse. Unless we have a guy who we think is a can't miss hire, I imagine that we will just hope CAJ can do better next year.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

First off, ain't happening.

Second, in a CBB season full of tawdriness, wiretap testimony, blowed-out one-and-done megastar high-tops, and 'Bama ineptitude on possession after possession, I cannot say how much joy seeing the "minnows" such as Fairly Ridiculous (Farleigh Dickinson), Northern Kentucky, Wofford (! - enrollment 1,500), Gardner-Webb Bulldogs, and those other "dogs" that blew 'Bama's doors off, the Northeastern University Huskies, plus that budding two-sport dynasty, the NoDakota State Bison, get into the Dance.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I'm just ready for this season to conclude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I can't cheer against us either. It just is against my nature, but another year of mediocrity would be my limit. Who will we have next year? It is likely Giddens and Ingram are gone as grad transfers. We have a few kids coming in that are all clones of one another-hybrid guys 6-5 to 6-7 guys who are athletic. We'll have no presence inside unless Smith or Fleming develop. Who knows what happens with Reese. Jones and Petty are guys full of potential not realized at this point. Kira can't be a one man team.

I hear if we make the tourney, Coach Johnson is staying, if not he is going. UA will not be letting him go unless I miss my read of Greg Byrne completely so we have to rely on him moving on of his own volition. I have supported Coach until recently, but we show we have the talent to beat almost any team, then again we can be so bad any team good or bad can beat us on any given day if we don't show up. Raise your hand if you know which team shows up for the game.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Doesn't look like Giddens will be playing tomorrow. Anyone remember when he got injured?

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1105924042056519680

It was two games back, but, TBF, our opponents just blend into one another in my mind. It happened on a rebound. He came away holding his hand, palm up and was in obvious pain. However, I think he played on. I'm a bit surprised it's bad enough to keep him out...

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
It was two games back, but, TBF, our opponents just blend into one another in my mind. It happened on a rebound. He came away holding his hand, palm up and was in obvious pain. However, I think he played on. I'm a bit surprised it's bad enough to keep him out...
He came out right after, looked like he was at a 8 or 9 on a scale level of pain by his face.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I think Giddens hurt his hand blocking the ball. His hand came down hard on the ball while it was still in the shooter's (potential shooter?) hand. He was in pain immediately and I was thinking maybe his thumb or a finger got bent or jammed.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think Giddens hurt his hand blocking the ball. His hand came down hard on the ball while it was still in the shooter's (potential shooter?) hand. He was in pain immediately and I was thinking maybe his thumb or a finger got bent or jammed.
Worst jam I ever had was in our weekly group, as an adult. I tried to take the ball away from a guy whom I'd forgotten used to play wideout for Auburn. He kept the ball. My thumb was so badly jammed, I still have aftereffects...

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I actually think we win tomorrow (I’m also the eternal optimist lol). It is interesting that Avery is 5-3 in the SEC tournament, with his only losses coming against Kentucky. Each year Avery’s teams have been eliminated by UK. Coincidently, I think this SEC tournament ends the same way. I think we win tomorrow and lose Friday. I have been wrong before lol.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If he does leave on his own, does he owe us a buyout?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.