News Article: With Alabama’s season on brink, Avery Johnson is facing criticism and asking question

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Been a while since we’ve had anyone care about basketball.....I’m trusting in AD Byrne. If CAJ gets/stays another year, so be it. If not, so be it. I’m hoping Byrne proves to be one of the more “well rounded” ADs we’ve had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
There’s one, but I doubt Greg will push for it if Avery is hesitant to take another job because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. Also, we keep talking about his buyout, but all, or nearly all, contracts call for mitigation, if the individual takes another job. No one else is going to pay him 3 million, but, if he took the Pelican job, for example, it would reduce the buyout substantially. In fact, common law principles would require him to attempt to find employment and mitigate damages, anyway. One semi-scam is when the new employer pays a nominal amount and the new employee continues drawing his buyout. (We've actually participated in that ourselves.)

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I agree. Also, we keep talking about his buyout, but all, or nearly all, contracts call for mitigation, if the individual takes another job. No one else is going to pay him 3 million, but, if he took the Pelican job, for example, it would reduce the buyout substantially. In fact, common law principles would require him to attempt to find employment and mitigate damages, anyway. One semi-scam is when the new employer pays a nominal amount and the new employee continues drawing his buyout. (We've actually participated in that ourselves.)
I think our football coach has done this many, many times. :)

rtr

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.