News Article: Clemson adds a marker to their "graveyard" - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Re: Clemson adds a marker to their "graveyard"

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    So, doesn't mean I like it. But again, I was raised in a much different sports culture. It also goes to show you that Saban has no problem adapting. Do you really think 15 years ago Saban would have been open to a "turnover belt" being paraded around on the sidelines? LOL!

The point I'm trying to make is Dabo isn't doing anything that is out of touch with what's already going on in some form or fashion all over sports. How coaches deal and interact with players changes over time. This is no different.
    But again this is a Clemson tradition dating back to atleast the 40ís.

For the Turnover item that Saban invented... if it works then who am I to judge? But the Clemson graveyard is a long time tradition not a Dabo thing. It would be like saying smoking a cigar after TSIO is a Saban thing.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; March 14th, 2019 at 09:17 AM.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    But again this is a Clemson tradition dating back to atleast the 40’s.
    Good. I'm glad he's keeping the tradition. At least he can't be blamed for the origin of the corniness. Clemson's been doing corny since the 40's.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Florida State does something similar. They grab a piece of sod at the home team's stadium and bring it back to their "sod cemetery." I can't remember when they started that. Maybe it was Bobby Bowden back in the 80s when he was building up FSU. Don't ask me what they've done if it was artificial turf...

I'm offended that they added the caption "Best Ever" on that grave stone.

For those who think this is a Dabo thing...

https://clemsontigers.com/the-graveyard/
    Between this and storming the field after every home win, Clemson might be worse than Auburn with a lake.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Between this and storming the field after every home win, Clemson might be worse than Auburn with a lake.
    I donít have to live with their fans so no they arenít worse than Auburn. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    I'm offended that they added the caption "Best Ever" on that grave stone.
    Unless you are going to make a push for 2001 Miami or 95 Nebraska then I think the Caption is correct. They beat the best ever going into that game by 4 TDs and are the only 15-0 team.

Unless you are going to make a push for 2001 Miami or 95 Nebraska then I think the Caption is correct.
    I can think of several. Going 15-0 is great and something to be celebrated, but I can't agree with "best ever" when looking at that schedule.

We played a tougher schedule in 1992...

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR2u View Post
    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/al...d-2019-reveal/

I'm sure Clemson does this all the time when they win something really big. They may already have one when winning the other NC where they beat us. Still gets under my skin. I hope it's used as motivation this season.
    We've got a bigger cemetary than theirs just south of the stadium. This is where all the "victims" of our success over the years have been buried, RIGHT???

BamaNation Hall of Fame

No big deal; seems like an okay tradition for them.

I first thought the "Best Ever" was referencing the 15-0 record since it is on the same line; maybe it means Clemson's best record ever. Or, maybe it means Clemson's best team ever. It would be kooky to try to claim that the team is the best team in the history of college football.

This is simply a traditon at Clemson it is what it is, why should we as Bama fans see this as a problem? Every college has their own traditions and this is one of Clemson's. I won't hate on them at all for this, they did beat the hell out of Bama and deserve to celebrate it.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    No big deal; seems like an okay tradition for them.

I first thought the "Best Ever" was referencing the 15-0 record since it is on the same line; maybe it means Clemson's best record ever. Or, maybe it means Clemson's best team ever. It would be kooky to try to claim that the team is the best team in the history of college football.
    I don't think so. They beat a team that was being talked about by the media as potentially being the best ever. I have no doubt in my mind if we would have beaten Clemson 44-16 that narrative would have continued and intensified. So yeah, I think Clemson has an argument about being the best ever. Doesn't mean I agree with it. But it's not crazy talk.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I don't think so. They beat a team that was being talked about by the media as potentially being the best ever. I have no doubt in my mind if we would have beaten Clemson 44-16 that narrative would have continued and intensified. So yeah, I think Clemson has an argument about being the best ever. Doesn't mean I agree with it. But it's not crazy talk.
    You may be right but I wouldn't want to put it in stone if the roles were reversed.