Game Thread: SEC Tournament: Alabama-Ole Miss (6 pm tip on SECN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Was that halftime analysis or a sports radio show in Alabama? They were saying most everything we’ve said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Ole Miss scored a lot of points from mid-range jumpers. Bama has rarely even attempted these; only a couple of players appear to be capable of shooting one. A team needs to be able to shoot it if it becomes the main thing available.

Posting Smith has worked when the team can get the ball to him.

Passing is just too slow.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Yes, it showed what Avery's teams become down the stretch. I just hope our AD has some guts. Another year will see viewership/attendance plummet (already had) and I don't want even to speculate on recruiting...
Well, Luckily we have 3 top 150 players that have already signed their LOI. I was in favor of giving him one more year, mainly to get Trendon Watford. My thoughts were Trendon isn’t a one and done guy. Give CAJ one more year and then he’s probably gone and a real college coach can coach our talent up. But, after watching this crap this first half I’m done. It doesn’t even look like we have a gameplan.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I get why he pulled guys. He finally was making them pay for mistakes, but that was way too many.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
It's a conflicting feeling to inherently support this team because it's in your DNA while simultaneous hoping for more of the same so as not to deter any "resignation" plans.

The halftime commentators said it. We are devoid of on-court leadership (and on the bench). We haven't had even a decent alpha dog since J. Green, before Grant foolishly tried to "correct" him. I didn't consider Sexton to be one; he was good at motivating himself but not inspiring the rest of the team. Now, even if we come out with energy, we're all too eager to tuck tail when something goes South. We've got to have a fire-starter, someone to get in their teammates' faces and pump up the volume. A couple JUCO guys with chips on their shoulders/something to prove would at least be more exciting next season.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Coach has tried limiting number of players and now back to too many. He pulled some players for turnovers and had to sub Smith for fouls which added a little to it.

Now Ole Miss gets bounce on first shot of 2nd half

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well, Luckily we have 3 top 150 players that have already signed their LOI. I was in favor of giving him one more year, mainly to get Trendon Watford. My thoughts were Trendon isn’t a one and done guy. Give CAJ one more year and then he’s probably gone and a real college coach can coach our talent up. But, after watching this crap this first half I’m done. It doesn’t even look like we have a gameplan.

And it's humiliating on TV to have the announcers point out the difference in the energy level between us and OM...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.