Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. Ole Miss...

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Man, Glad they fought back and didn't fold. I'm hoping CAJ has learned and will grow and next season be more disciplined and fundamentally sound. Need to improve in the mental aspect of the game (mental toughness).
But for now, I'll just enjoy this win.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Didn’t get to watch but glad they beat OM. Another win over UK should do it. They can do it but it will require mistake free basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RammaJamma10

1st Team
Dec 5, 2006
Harvest, AL
I’m gonna go against a lot of the game thread I just read through and praise CAJ for sticking to his game plan tonight. He said in the pregame interview that we needed to get their guards tired by making them work on both ends of the floor. I think that was the main point of so many subs in the first half. It was a brutal first 20 minutes but in the 2nd half our core group was fresh and Ole Miss was completely gassed- which led to them not being able to throw a ball in the ocean and turning it over often. We took advantage of that and got the W.

Tomorrow we’ll have to play our best game of the season, but why not? We seem to play well on neutral sites and in tournament settings under CAJ. Let’s keep it rolling. RTR.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Free throw shooting was bad, going 9/18. Luckily they only attempted four, making two of them.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Tonight we may not see Smith at all. CAJ has weird rotations.

I think tonight comes down to Petty and Dazon. Hit some threes. Loosen up inside.

Hope for the best.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I’m gonna go against a lot of the game thread I just read through and praise CAJ for sticking to his game plan tonight. He said in the pregame interview that we needed to get their guards tired by making them work on both ends of the floor. I think that was the main point of so many subs in the first half. It was a brutal first 20 minutes but in the 2nd half our core group was fresh and Ole Miss was completely gassed- which led to them not being able to throw a ball in the ocean and turning it over often. We took advantage of that and got the W.

Tomorrow we’ll have to play our best game of the season, but why not? We seem to play well on neutral sites and in tournament settings under CAJ. Let’s keep it rolling. RTR.
Started thinking about that after the game. While their guys were gassed (three of their starting guards had 36+ minutes), Alabama seemed to be a little fresher at the end.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
It seems CAJ does better in tournaments than the regular season. Is that due to the NBA narrative that the real doesn’t start until the playoffs?

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Or is it that because of the double-byes and our seeding, we always play at least one mediocre team per tournament. Last year's Auburn game, of course, is an obvious exception.

It seems CAJ does better in tournaments than the regular season. Is that due to the NBA narrative that the real doesn’t start until the playoffs?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

That very well could be it. Would make sense.
Or is it that because of the double-byes and our seeding, we always play at least one mediocre team per tournament. Last year's Auburn game, of course, is an obvious exception.
Avery is 6-3 in the SECT. 6-0 against anyone not named Kentucky.

2016 SECT:

Beat 20-11 Ole Miss 81-73 (2.5 point underdogs)

2017 SECT:
Beat 16-15 Mississippi State 75-55 (2.5 point favorite)
Beat 22-9 South Carolina 64-53 (3.5 point underdogs)

2018 SECT:
Beat 20-11 Texas A&M 71-70 (3.5 point underdogs)
Beat 25-6 Auburn 81-63 (6.5 point underdogs)

2019 SECT:
Beat 20-11 Ole Miss 62-57 (3.5 point underdogs)

Average record of those opponents: 20.5-10.5.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
RTR.

Hate I missed it. The timing was just bad for me.
Did my usual...recorded and started watching about 8:00. Almost quit a few times in the first half but that fast forward button made it easier to get to the second half.

When we were down a bucket or two around 3 minutes I told my wife "there's no way we win this game." To my surprise, we did.

Not to take away from our hustle at the end, but OM basically "did a Bama" at the end and melted down. We just were there to take advantage of it.

FWIW, I figure we get throttled tonight against the Cats. They'll be motivated after our win earlier this year.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Saw that last night. One advantage of not watching live is I fast forward thru the free throws. Expect the worst and hope for the best.

I thought Smith was the difference in the game last night but we are doing good if he hits 50%.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
FWIW, I figure we get throttled tonight against the Cats. They'll be motivated after our win earlier this year.
I have a feeling that we will follow the same script as the past 3 sec tournaments. Keep it close and even be ahead for most of the game and then in the final 6-8 min the officials start giving Kentucky every single call and we lose by about 6-8 points. I hope I’m wrong and we can pull the upset.

I also think that we are in barring no more bid stealers. I think we are going to be the last team in the field.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.